Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9" with Detriot Tru-Trac Making Noise?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Moser 9" with Detriot Tru-Trac Making Noise?

Three weeks ago based on the recommendations of a tech at Moser Engineering I purchased directly from Moser the following:

GM F-Body Bolt In Rear End
Moser Performance Nodular Case
P028 Aluminum Daytona Support
Set Up Kit-28 sp. Pinion
1350 Pinion Yoke Steel
Moser PS Gear 3.50-4.57
Set up labor
4 Channel ABS w/exc rings
Aluminum drive shaft
Detroit True Trac

Expensive purchase to say the least.

The day that we picked the car up from the shop that installed the rear end and driveshaft, it had a knocking noise brought to my attention by my wife. I made Moser aware of this issue immediately after the noise was discovered. We drove the car very few miles and while driving I heard a noise that sounded like I ran over a can. Had the car towed to the shop at my expense and the owner of the shop in Houston said that the pinion bearings appeared to be improperly installed at the factory. I have talked to Moser and they asked that I ship the center section back to them for inspection but would not pay for any of my expenses for the tow, the removal of the center section, or the replacement of the center section. In other words, no third party labor and I have to assume they do not have a facility in Houston.

Long story but I was lead to believe by multiple friends that Moser was a reputable company. Heretofore I had never hear of nor used them. Anyone had warranty issues with Moser?

Last edited by Groesbeck; 05-14-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Update
Old 05-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default No response from Moser Engineering

Originally Posted by Groesbeck
I have a call into Moser regarding the clanking noise in my new Moser 9" rear end with true trac. Also sent e-mails to Moser with exerpts from other members regarding the noise in the new rear end. I purchased the Moser Rear end based on recommendation from some local shops. Are they a reputable company? I have just talked with Mike McCombs of Moser and he said that he is not aware of the issue of the clanking or bumping sound in the rear end and he said that there are probably one million of these units out there. He suggested that the members of LS1 tech were doing more posting than making calls to the manufacturer. Mike seemed to be a head's up guy. Putting car on lift later this afternoon to inspect.
Middle section was returned to Moser for inspection. Moser arranged to have the center section shipped. Center section was received by Moser on
Wednesday and I have yet to get a reponse. I am patiently waiting for the response. The center section still has not been received by Moser after ten days on the road. Way to go UPS. Should arrive Wednesday May 15. I have talked with Moser and they agreed to respond as soon as the center section is inspected. The center section arrived at Moser today May 14 at 10:30 AM. Moser has agreed to replace the center section with a new one.

Last edited by Groesbeck; 05-18-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Moser 9" with Detriot Tru-Trac Making Noise?