Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Few questions about the M9

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Few questions about the M9

First, will my stock sway bar brackets work on the moser 9in? Trying to save a few bucks! Also, I have never bought an aftermarket rear end before, they have 4 options with the fill plugs....

Standard fill plug
Standard fill plug and extra oversize fill plug(+$35)
Drain plug (+$35)
Extra Fill plug and Drain plug(+$70)

Which option did you guys go with and why? What if you just go with the standard fill plug? How do you drain it then?

I know... newb questions lol

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

Also what torque arm did you guys go with? 400 bucks for their torque arm seems a little steep for me. Plus I'm on a budget.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:45 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if you are gonna be buying a torque arm and a 9 inch you simply cannot beat the Midwest Chassis & Performance fabricated 9 inch deal. it is the most true bolt-in 9 inch rearend you can buy and includes features such as chromemoly double adjustable torque arm and crossmember of your choice(both stock and tunnel mount versions available), sway bar brackets, drain plug, 4 hole relocator style lca brackets, brake line clips, caliper brake hose mounts, e-brake cable brackets, and chassis brake hose adapter bracket. these are included on all of our 9 inch rearends and are no extra cost. pm or call us for more info.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
First, will my stock sway bar brackets work on the moser 9in? Trying to save a few bucks! Also, I have never bought an aftermarket rear end before, they have 4 options with the fill plugs....

Standard fill plug
Standard fill plug and extra oversize fill plug(+$35)
Drain plug (+$35)
Extra Fill plug and Drain plug(+$70)

Which option did you guys go with and why? What if you just go with the standard fill plug? How do you drain it then?

I know... newb questions lol

Thanks.
Yes, the stock sway bar brackets will work. You'll need to buy two 3.00 exhaust U bolt clamps to slip over the larger Moser axle housing, and reuse the bottom oem sway bar brackets. You'll need to oblong the bottom sway bar bracket holes a little, which is easy to do.

I would go with the standard fill plug and go with the optional drain plug. If you order the rear without the drain plug, you'll would have to pull the third member (center section) to drain out the fluid.

You mentioned the M9 in your title, which is the Moser fabricated rear, which is the same weight as the stock 10 bolt. The standard Moser 9 inch is a different rear. I have links to both of them at the link below.

Have you looked at my Moser prices? Here is a link to them and they include free shipping. These rears ship out in just two days once the order is received, not three to four weeks like the other manufacturers.
http://shop.brutespeed.com/82-02-F-B...ar-Ends_c5.htm Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-22-2010, 05:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Go with Midwest,better prices,better service,awesome product,end of story
Old 07-22-2010, 02:27 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you purchase one of our rear ends the nicest features is you do not have to go purchase anything else to make your sway bar work. We even supply you with new bolts. An if you want to upgrade later on one of our Anti Roll Bars will bolt right to it also.

Here is a picture of a customers rear end with a sway bar mounted to it.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Free shipping is included in my prices, and these Moser rears ship out in just two days! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website