Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need more opinions - 850 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 11:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sixpack_2_go
how much more does it cost to get a wavetrac when ordering a fab9 from MWC(assuming you are already going with 35 spline axles)? what are the advantages? from what i can tell, the wavetrac just came out recently and i haven't been able to find much info.i read the Wavetrac and Moser website but they don't say what power/torque level the wavetrac can withstand.
https://www.brutespeed.com/rear_end_information.htm

I have quite a bit of information about the Wavetrac at the above link. Wavetrac is backing this differential up with a warranty, if you break it they will fix/replace it. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-31-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
https://www.brutespeed.com/rear_end_information.htm

I have quite a bit of information about the Wavetrac at the above link. Wavetrac is backing this differential up with a warranty, if you break it they will fix/replace it. Bob
thanks bob. it's awsome to see a differential company that offers a lifetime warranty. it shows that they have confidence in the quality of their product.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:17 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

exactly...its hard to argue with a lifetime warranty. if you have to have 35 spline axles it is the best thing going for a diff unit in a 9 inch right now. it is definitely costly up front, but if you ever have a problem with a Truetrac or the Detroit Locker, you will have less in the Wavetrac the first time you have to replace one of the others.

one thing you have to consider is whether you actually need 35 spline axles or not. 31 spline axles are good enough to go 9 seconds on... been there done that.

we offer any diff unit on the market for the 9 inch rearend. the Wavetrac is an 800.00 option on our package over the spool. be careful if you see other pricing in the 400-500 range for the Wavetrac option because the initial cost of the base rearend is higher to begin with because it has a posi unit. if you look at Moser's and other sites and price a center section, the Wavetrac is an 805.00 option. the Wavetrac unit by itself is about 1050.00 with bearings from Moser as they exclusive retailer of the Wavetrac diff unit and it cannot be purchased direct from the manufacturer. you have to get it from Moser or one of their dealers.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ssvert99
exactly...its hard to argue with a lifetime warranty. if you have to have 35 spline axles it is the best thing going for a diff unit in a 9 inch right now. it is definitely costly up front, but if you ever have a problem with a Truetrac or the Detroit Locker, you will have less in the Wavetrac the first time you have to replace one of the others.

one thing you have to consider is whether you actually need 35 spline axles or not. 31 spline axles are good enough to go 9 seconds on... been there done that.

we offer any diff unit on the market for the 9 inch rearend. the Wavetrac is an 800.00 option on our package over the spool. be careful if you see other pricing in the 400-500 range for the Wavetrac option because the initial cost of the base rearend is higher to begin with because it has a posi unit. if you look at Moser's and other sites and price a center section, the Wavetrac is an 805.00 option. the Wavetrac unit by itself is about 1050.00 with bearings from Moser as they exclusive retailer of the Wavetrac diff unit and it cannot be purchased direct from the manufacturer. you have to get it from Moser or one of their dealers.

the wavetrac is $800 over the spool, but the mwc fab9 "base package" says it comes with a posi. how much more would it cost to add the wavetrac option to the fab9 "base package"?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:15 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the base package is with the spool, not the posi. i believe my website says posi, but we lowered the base package price and started from the spool instead. the Wavetrac is an 800.00 option over the spool, 700.00 over the posi. my website is in bad need of an update, which is coming soon!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ssvert99
...... there is another 35 spline diff unit in the works but not on the market quite yet
r u able to comment if the pricing and function will be similar to the wavetrac and what a projected time frame will be for release?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sixpack_2_go
the wavetrac is $800 over the spool, but the mwc fab9 "base package" says it comes with a posi. how much more would it cost to add the wavetrac option to the fab9 "base package"?
I have the Moser M9 (fabricated rear) starting at $3150.00 shipped with a Trac-Loc differential. The Wavetrac adds $460.00. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Need more opinions - 850 rwhp