Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Don't buy Moser stuff

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
You spend $3K on a rear axle & you wanna have low expectations?
Knowing that, I would have a hard time shelling out some $3K for an axle to some company thats not willing to stand behind their product.
Well, look at the usage, Im beating it to death..it will eventually fail, they know this. They dont know if Im throwing 3,000HP or 300HP at it. They make a good product but they know the usage...so no warrenty. So what more would I expect? As I said, they did the OP wrong.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSlow02
Well, look at the usage, Im beating it to death..it will eventually fail, they know this. They dont know if Im throwing 3,000HP or 300HP at it. They make a good product but they know the usage...so no warrenty. So what more would I expect? As I said, they did the OP wrong.
Thats fine that youre beating on it & it sounds like its holding up well. What about the guy that sent Moser new backing plates & after they assembled it & he received it the backing plates were all bent up? Then they say "were not responsible because we didnt insure it" but they didnt have any problem taking his money for the rear end he bought. They took his money & told him to **** off(they offered him a $10 credit but does that buy new backing plates that they screwed up?)They sold the product, packaged it, shipped it but theyre not responsible. See how that works? Its no different than you going to Best Buy & picking up a plasma tv. You get it out of the box & find out before you even get to use it that the bottom corner has a big crack in it. You take it back & they tell you theyre "not responsible". Of course theyre not gonna tell you that & neither should these guys selling rear ends. Doesnt sound like they want business with that attitude.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

Go through a sponsor then. I went through Bob when it was EPP. Im not disagreeing with you in the slightest of how they should treat people who spend money with them. But IN MY EXPERIENCE, I havnt had an issue with them, ive called them a few times to be sure I was doing things right and they were helpful and polite with me. A few people have been getting "scared" in this thread for the wrong reasons. Moser is a proven product. Youll always have people with bad experiences, and its good that it gets out there. As i said though, I havnt had a problem with them
Old 10-07-2010, 04:41 PM
9 Second Club

Love my Moser hardware. I've had their 9" rear on my SS for 5 yrs now starting with my cam/nitrous setup and then my current NA setup. No problems. Had their hardened axles & Pro ring & pinion on my old LT1 with success. Hope Op gets it straightened out.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a moser 12 bolt in my car for almost a year and I have abused the hell out of it with no issues and no gear whine. Sucks the OP had a bad experience, but not all of us have.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default scary diff

that is scary! i have been in the differential remanufacturing business for 33 years, the last 28 years as an owner operator. between that , mudracing , hill climbing, drag racing and a terrible habit of thinking "i wonder what would happen if?" i have witnessed (and caused) some scary situations, but that is dangerous. since greg moser and his wife were killed back in may of 2003 the company has not been the same but i think if you get that video to the right people at moser you might get a different response. that is dangerous, period. greg would not have let that happen. good luck.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Launching!

wow im sorry alot of people i know have had bad experiance but for myself and some other people i know we have never had a problem with customer service or any of there products. i still by moser products because they have worked for my application im running there 12 bolt rear end and richmond gears and those gears are loud but not too loud alil louder than the motives 373 i had before. but have never had a problem. hope you get everything worked out.sorry to hear. video lil scary thou haha just waiting for that tire to leave glad it didnt thou

Quick Reply: Don't buy Moser stuff