Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

has anyone else had very bad customer service with moser?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the housing of my moser 12 bolt broke where the torque arm mounts and ended up costing me about $1200 in damage from everything that broke.

they didn't do anything for me... **** poor service!

that 12 bolt was the single most expensive thing i bought for my car, and the single WORST thing
Old 12-07-2010, 03:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 904 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Go through a vendor when buying your rear, and if you have any problems, the vendor will take care of it for you. Bob
So does that mean that the vendor will take care of the customer and not Moser? That's how I'm reading it anyway.

Originally Posted by 2000TransAmWS6
the housing of my moser 12 bolt broke where the torque arm mounts and ended up costing me about $1200 in damage from everything that broke.

they didn't do anything for me... **** poor service!

that 12 bolt was the single most expensive thing i bought for my car, and the single WORST thing
Unfortunately that's a common problem with the 12 bolt is the T/A mounting and one of several reasons I will never own one.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me and my wife both have Moser stuff in our 1st and 2nd gens. We both run in the mid 1.4 60' times and never had any problem. I have a 30 spline in my 8.5 10 bolt and she has a 33 spline in her 8.5 10 bolt. I guess your car doesn't like Ford rear ends. Oh yea, when we sent our axles back to get narrowed, it took longer to ship them than it did for Moser to machine them. So this is a good word about Moser. I recommend them to all and will use them again.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
So does that mean that the vendor will take care of the customer and not Moser? That's how I'm reading it anyway.
Possibly. Moser's personnel get hammered with calls from people trying to scam them, people trying to claim their axles arrived from Moser bent after they slid their vehicle sideways into curbs, etc. They have heard it all, and I can see where some legit claims may fall through the cracks. A Moser vendor has more of a personnel contact with the customer, I know I remember many of my customer's names. If one of my customer's calls me and explains the problem to me, I will go to bat for them. I know most of the guys from Moser, and they know me. I'm located only an hour away from Moser. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-07-2010, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

The one complaint I have about Moser and maybe I'm at fault and just couldn't find it is bearing and seal part numbers. I had to replace a axle bearing and seal, it was the old style tapered roller, it was way more difficult than it needed to be to get the correct size.

I converted to the newer style but if it weren't for a good parts guy at a independent auto parts store it would have been much tougher. It seems that Moser uses a few different bearing and seal sizes on their 9"
Old 12-07-2010, 11:00 AM
10 Second Club

i had the bolts back out of my ring gear in my 12bolt from moser and one bolt got into the ring gear and broke **** and i had no problem getting them to stand behind their work and fixed it at no cost to me just had to take the rear up to them. i have beat the hell out of my 12bolt and it hasnt broke since turning lots of 1.4 60's behind a 6speed with 700+ whp
Old 12-07-2010, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blue99fbody
i had the bolts back out of my ring gear in my 12bolt from moser and one bolt got into the ring gear and broke **** and i had no problem getting them to stand behind their work and fixed it at no cost to me just had to take the rear up to them. i have beat the hell out of my 12bolt and it hasnt broke since turning lots of 1.4 60's behind a 6speed with 700+ whp
yeah you pound that rear thats for sure!

I love my Moser 9". but i got mine back braced, alum through bolt center, alum spool, 35 spline, gundrilled and start flanged. pretty much all options.

Moser gets a vote for me
Old 12-12-2010, 05:03 PM
10 Second Club

I talked to Foz at Moser on Friday, he spent about 10 min on the phone with me... If my potential problem is my diff, which at this point I don't believe it is... it would be cheaper to just buy a spool than to ship the dam thing around the country a few times, Me to Vendor to Moser.

He did say to go to the Vendor, then to Moser, puts a middle man in there but it ensures the date sold and a few other things pertaining to warranty and replacement.