Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

ladder bar setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ladder bar setup

http://www.g-forcesuspension.com/pag...og/i.php/81/55

anyone evr use this or a variance of it ? i am highly interested in it and just wanted to know if its worth it
Old 01-03-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

these guys are also local to me . im gonna go there on thurs to see what they have and so on . they claim they had a shop camaro runnin in the low 10,s with this setup and its relativly streetable
Old 01-03-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

Just like the aftermarket 'lift bars' used on 'muscle cars' of the 60s' & 70s'.
Has the same effect,but to a much greater degree,as LCA relocation brackets.
Using axle housing rotation to push the vehicle body upward which pushes the axle housing downward for increased traction.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:19 AM
TECH Addict

I have heard both good and bad. Some say it hits the tires too hard and it puts the instant center too far back. They say that to correct the instant center the lower bars would have to be ~36" long.

There are a few guys using similar setups that I have found. I was going to do the setup, but decided on a 4 link. I'm going to give that a shot and see how it makes the car feel. If I don't like it I'll fab a bracket for my UMI torque arm to work with my 8.8

I say check out the shop and maybe go for a ride in the car before you invest in the setup
Old 01-04-2011, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There are a few guys using similar setups that I have found. I was going to do the setup, but decided on a 4 link. I'm going to give that a shot and see how it makes the car feel. If I don't like it I'll fab a bracket for my UMI torque arm to work with my 8.8

If you go with 4 link you have to cut you floor pan to make it fit?
How you plan to do it?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the g force setup on my 8.8 and its not bad i have yet to take it to the track but on the street it hooks awsome
Old 01-04-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by therobman
i have the g force setup on my 8.8 and its not bad i have yet to take it to the track but on the street it hooks awsome
How you car react when in street driving?
What is the best price you find those LCAs?

I feel insecured using those bars but i still looking for feedback on that set up.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:58 AM
TECH Addict

I'm not planning on cutting my floor pans. The idea that I have will leave the upper bars only about 6-8" long. Not long enough to work as a true 4 link, but considering I will have a limited amount of travel I'm not too worried about my pinion angle being off a degree or less through my suspension travel.

I have seen some guys use the ladder bars with the TA to help plant the tires. I don't know how both would work together, but just what I have read.

What I don't like about them is that the lift the rear of the car. I have heard that after you make a pass on let off the throttle the *** of the car will tend to get really loose and possibly put you into the wall. Look up some reviews of SSM lift bars (I think its South Side Machine lift bars) The G-body site I used to go on a few guys ran them and hated everything about them.

Good luck man, some run them and love them and others hate them. You could build the kit for 1/4 of the cost of that kit and see if its for you. Look into ballastic fab or suicidedoors for some builder parts. I usually get my builder parts from suicidedoors.com
Old 01-05-2011, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heres a few pics of them

honestly i do not know how much they go for i baught mine with the rear. The car drives pretty good a little more harsh on bumps but not bad i was thinking about trying a tq arm mount on the rear to see if i like it ill pm you if i get rid of the bars

Quick Reply: ladder bar setup