Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

V6 Open Diff?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the Goodyear Eagle GT's on my V8 powered G8 and they hookup fantastic. They also have good wet traction and do well in the snow, plus they handle great in the corners. You don't need a racing tire to get good traction, there are lots of good choices in street tires out there.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
I'm running the Goodyear Eagle GT's on my V8 powered G8 and they hookup fantastic. They also have good wet traction and do well in the snow, plus they handle great in the corners. You don't need a racing tire to get good traction, there are lots of good choices in street tires out there.
The problem is that Goodyear Eagle's cost A TON for 315/35/17's. They cost $100 more than M/T's per tire.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Eagle GT's do a lot more than the M/T's which are basically only good for going fast in a straight line. Plus they'll out last them twice as long, so they are well worth the extra coin.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chronicle
Yeah, I need to ditch these **** Sumitomos. But I'm just not ready to go all the way to Mickey Thompson's ET Streets.
You could always run the Nitto NT555R. I ran those last season and got about 10k miles out of them, with doing a few burnouts at the track, etc.

With that said, if you are going to run an aggressive gear and add some power, they probably won't hook. I am planning on running some MT's this season since I am going to be running 4.10s and adding some more power.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1T56FTW
You could always run the Nitto NT555R. I ran those last season and got about 10k miles out of them, with doing a few burnouts at the track, etc.

With that said, if you are going to run an aggressive gear and add some power, they probably won't hook. I am planning on running some MT's this season since I am going to be running 4.10s and adding some more power.
How much did you pay for them?