Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What rearend to go with...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What rearend to go with...?

I will be getting a rearend soon. I dd the car so I don't want gear wine an al that I just want one an be done with it.. Also I want to be able to road race every now an then.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Brute-Spe...nformation.htm

I have a lot of info at the above link that I put together that might help you out to figure which direction you want to go. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 01-21-2011, 05:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a ton of builds out there based around road racing and our Watts link that is fabricated as part of the housing has got a ton of positive reviews. A ton of choices out there, it just depends on your budget and goals.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

As far as goals I want to be able to go to an from the track in street form an launch aroun4-5 w/o issues drive home. An also still be able to carve corners. Probly go with some 3.90s im looking to spend around $2500 I want 4 channel cause it is a street car. I just want to not worry about the rear after it's done as I shouldn't for that price. An probably in final trim hope for around 700whp.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 99nbmbird650
As far as goals I want to be able to go to an from the track in street form an launch aroun4-5 w/o issues drive home. An also still be able to carve corners. Probly go with some 3.90s im looking to spend around $2500 I want 4 channel cause it is a street car. I just want to not worry about the rear after it's done as I shouldn't for that price. An probably in final trim hope for around 700whp.
http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...oit-Locker.htm
The above Moser 9 inch with a locker is currently on sale for $2450.00 shipped. The locker will handle your 700whp, but doesn't always work out well for guys with manual transmissions. The only other differential I would recommend is a Wavetrac, but the rear would be out of your price range, as it is $2,851.80 shipped. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...h-Wavetrac.htm Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 01-21-2011, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

If your gonna stay with the stick don't buy a locker. I have a locker in mine with 4.10's and its a 12 bolt. Which I'm thinking about selling in the future BTW. Pm me if you want to talk more about it, as far as how it behaves. Just some advice.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I felt for a great street/strip rear the s60 was the way to go. I would say the ONLY draw back is the shorter DS you need but on the plus side it makes you upgrade to what you should have since the stock one with a conv. joint isnt the way to go
Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Twisted my steel driveshaft yesterday @ the strip on my T-56 & just found out my rear tires won't move while car is on jack stands , so its time for a new rearend & drag suspension upgrade ... im thinking of the S-60 for the great reviews from the members of ls1tech ... but can some of the sponsers chip in with an unbreakable rear on a 6-7k launch ... please help me choose the right rear that tolarate maximum aggressiveness on the strip
Alawi
Old 01-22-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a spool.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

How much can the s60 handle with a tru trac
Old 01-22-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

^^^^considered an S60 for my build (see sig) and would have been fine for my application. if I was going to pound this thing down the 1320, I would have gone wav-trac to be safe. 9 or S60 would have been sufficient. went MWC 9 due to current mods so the cost made sense...tru-trac too
Old 01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaperchild
Twisted my steel driveshaft yesterday @ the strip on my T-56 & just found out my rear tires won't move while car is on jack stands , so its time for a new rearend & drag suspension upgrade ... im thinking of the S-60 for the great reviews from the members of ls1tech ... but can some of the sponsers chip in with an unbreakable rear on a 6-7k launch ... please help me choose the right rear that tolarate maximum aggressiveness on the strip
Alawi

if you're gonna race at the dragstrip and in need of a suspension upgrades, then the MWC fabricated 9 inch rearend is the best value for you by far. we can custom build the rearend to your needs and we also manufacture the entire suspension for the f-body cars. we also can ship international so we will be your 1-stop shop. pm, call or email us at the contact on the website for more info and pricing.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

check the used parts section.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Question

Originally Posted by ssvert99
if you're gonna race at the dragstrip and in need of a suspension upgrades, then the MWC fabricated 9 inch rearend is the best value for you by far. we can custom build the rearend to your needs and we also manufacture the entire suspension for the f-body cars. we also can ship international so we will be your 1-stop shop. pm, call or email us at the contact on the website for more info and pricing.
I hope you can support us with more info here on the thread to keep the rest of the members noted ... i plan on launching with a Direct port system & hope to grow later down the road ... Im looking for something that can handle some aggressive drag strip conditions & DONT WON'T TO UPGRADE/BREAK MY REAREND AGAIN .... I will contact you surely at midwest chassis as you were the first sponser to check with at the site (Didn't find any S60) so i continued browsing .... I like the idea of the 1 Stop Shop very much as you mentioned & I just wanted to meet the Unbreakable Rear end,driveshaft combo with all the supporting rear suspension ....
Old 01-23-2011, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

The fabricated 9 is said to weight in about the same as the original 10 bolt that came in the fbody. So far the wave trac seems to carry the best warranty. I've been truck pulling with my dana 60 in the front for a while without issue. It has an ARB locker in it. I've never seen a 9 inch in truck pulls.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

subscribed......not trying to hijack the thread, but i plan to buy a better rear sometime this summer.....i am mostly a street car (less than 450rwhp m6, bolt ons, cam soon), only seeing the track a few times a year....mainly i'm afraid of spending this much $$ on something only to have gear whine from a set of 4.10/4.11's after a couple of hard launches.....there's alot i don't understand when it comes to rears, so hopefully this thread can give some good info to guys in the same shoes as me
Old 01-23-2011, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I feel it is very important to break in the rear gears and bearing properly to avoid any excessive wear and noise.I feel you shouldn't dyno a race the rear right after installation.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

Default Midwest Chassis Fab 9" rear end / Direct Bolt in

I ordered my Fab 9" rear end Base package with Black Powder coat,Meziere rear side filler cap, & Strange 31 spilne axles machined for the stock ABS/TCS traction control Reluctor rings.

This rear end was a direct bolt in. Rear came with Timkin bearings, seals & all hardware for install. No modification necessary.

Eric advised me to go with 2" shortened axle on each side to fit Weld 15x10" 5.5 backspace wheels for running Deep Dish Weld wheels.

Eric also advised me to go with his short torque arm. He said this would be best for my automatic equipped car. He said the short arm shocks the tires more.

The transmission cross member, Torque arm mount, & Driveshaft Loop are fabricated in one unit. This relocates the Torque arm off of the transmission & places the load on the newly supplied cross member to take the load off the transmission. Torque arm is made of Chrome moly steel.

This is the most complete Fab 9 rear end available.

Eric & Jason both advised me & helped me make the correct decisions for my application. Best customer service that i have ever experienced.

Thank you Eric & Jason..!!
Attached Thumbnails What rearend to go with...?-midwest-chassis-fab-9-rearend-001.jpg   What rearend to go with...?-midwest-chassis-fab-9-rearend-002.jpg   What rearend to go with...?-midwest-chassis-fab-9-rearend-003.jpg   What rearend to go with...?-midwest-chassis-fab-9-rearend-004.jpg   What rearend to go with...?-midwest-chassis-fab-9-rearend-005.jpg  

Old 01-23-2011, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jc98ss
subscribed......not trying to hijack the thread, but i plan to buy a better rear sometime this summer.....i am mostly a street car (less than 450rwhp m6, bolt ons, cam soon), only seeing the track a few times a year....mainly i'm afraid of spending this much $$ on something only to have gear whine from a set of 4.10/4.11's after a couple of hard launches.....there's alot i don't understand when it comes to rears, so hopefully this thread can give some good info to guys in the same shoes as me
Exactly! If im spendng that much then im going to do it right the first time n never want to spend a dime on it again.

Last edited by 99nbmbird650; 01-23-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: mis spelled
Old 01-23-2011, 11:16 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by NOS LS1
I ordered my Fab 9" rear end Base package with Black Powder coat,Meziere rear side filler cap, & Strange 31 spilne axles machined for the stock ABS/TCS traction control Reluctor rings.

This rear end was a direct bolt in. Rear came with Timkin bearings, seals & all hardware for install. No modification necessary.

Eric advised me to go with 2" shortened axle on each side to fit Weld 15x10" 5.5 backspace wheels for running Deep Dish Weld wheels.

Eric also advised me to go with his short torque arm. He said this would be best for my automatic equipped car. He said the short arm shocks the tires more.

The transmission cross member, Torque arm mount, & Driveshaft Loop are fabricated in one unit. This relocates the Torque arm off of the transmission & places the load on the newly supplied cross member to take the load off the transmission. Torque arm is made of Chrome moly steel.

This is the most complete Fab 9 rear end available.

Eric & Jason both advised me & helped me make the correct decisions for my application. Best customer service that i have ever experienced.

Thank you Eric & Jason..!!
I'm glad you are happy, just hot me up if you have any questions.