Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What rearend to go with...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the OP, it sounds like in your price range the S60 might be your best choice. The only downfall with the S60 and the Moser is the fact you are using a stock style torque arm with a bulky bracket mounting system.

We can get you into one of our fabricated nine inches but you are looking at a little more money. We do have endless possibilities though, we have a ton of options available and can build to suit your needs. You might have to spend a little more but you won't be settling either.

Also with our pricing you get a torque arm and cross member, a $600 dollar value with our package and our complete package cost is still inline with lesser rear ends on the market.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
To the OP, it sounds like in your price range the S60 might be your best choice. The only downfall with the S60 and the Moser is the fact you are using a stock style torque arm with a bulky bracket mounting system.

We can get you into one of our fabricated nine inches but you are looking at a little more money. We do have endless possibilities though, we have a ton of options available and can build to suit your needs. You might have to spend a little more but you won't be settling either.

Also with our pricing you get a torque arm and cross member, a $600 dollar value with our package and our complete package cost is still inline with lesser rear ends on the market.
for an M6 , S60 PSF15 had great reviews locally ... yet your pricing for the package is unique for the rear + TA&CM compared to a 2800$ S60 PSF15 & DS unshipped !! as an expert in rear ends can you please chime in with how is the 41 prorace S60 better? how quite&durable both rearends are comparatively?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:25 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The PRSF15 is F-Body specific S60 with a spool and 40 spline pro race axles. This would be a drag race specific style set up. Your average person would not need 40 spline or be looking at running a spool.

The PRSFO5 is the S60 with a Trutrac 35 S\T axles. This is the common S60 we sell on a regular basis and have nothing but good feedback from our customers. No real complaints of braking Trutrac's or gear noise.

To get someone in the right rear end for their needs we like to discuss the persons build an what they currently have done along with their future goals. With our fabricated nine inch we can put a lot of different combinations together to get you exactly what you want.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

I was just talking to one of the sponsors on here about spline count on axles. It seems there's a lot of over kill in some of these rears. I know better safe than sorry but I just wanted to share a lil of my experiences. My Chevy pickup which is in my profile, that I take sled pulling. It has a Cummins engine in it turned up with an automatic with lockup control and 38x15.50x16 tires on it. It originally had a dana 70 in it, which is almost identical to the dana 60. The 70 has a lil bigger ring gear. Anyways it also had and ARB locker in it and 35 spline axles with a 3.55 ratio. I twisted the pinion off right at the yoke pulling in 2nd with the transfer case in low. The axles never missed a beat and I still am using them in one of my other trucks now. The higher the gear ratio you run the less load you put on the axles and more onto the pinion. Oh and my 35 spline axles are an 1 1/2 diameter. Thought I'd mention this since spline count isn't always looked at, but plays a big part when picking parts. My point to this is sometimes you can save money with smaller parts and why not use smaller parts if you don't need the huge one's.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I purchased mine I went to carl at central racing parts. I gave him the part number from a vendor online with those axles listed as part of there pricing.. Carl was very nice and told me If that's what I wanted he would sell it to me but he took the time and explained why they are not good for street use. he said people do use them but recommended I use the s/t axles for what I use the car. In fact I almost went to a spool as well but his price allowed me to stay in budget with the Posi. Any one of the vendors on here I think will lead you in the right direction but Carl was available at almost any time I needed questions answered daytime and after work also weekends which Sunday happened to be when he got my call.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:49 AM
Launching!

Thumbs up

The PRSF15 is F-Body specific S60 with a spool and 40 spline pro race axles. This would be a drag race specific style set up. Your average person would not need 40 spline or be looking at running a spool.

The PRSFO5 is the S60 with a Trutrac 35 S\T axles. This is the common S60 we sell on a regular basis and have nothing but good feedback from our customers. No real complaints of braking Trutrac's or gear noise.

To get someone in the right rear end for their needs we like to discuss the persons build an what they currently have done along with their future goals. With our fabricated nine inch we can put a lot of different combinations together to get you exactly what you want.
Noticed every now & then a new happy customer from MWC Fab 9" ..... Glad we have sponsers that stand by their quality products thumbs up
Old 01-26-2011, 03:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Reaperchild
Noticed every now & then a new happy customer from MWC Fab 9" ..... Glad we have sponsers that stand by their quality products thumbs up
You can't go wrong with a MWC setup. For the price, when you factor in the torque arm, crossmember, dss loop, and relo. mounts (all included in the base price) you cant touch it. I've been beating the hell out of mine for a couple years now and its still as good as new

BTW I see you're in Bahrain, I'm in bahrain now for work. Did you go to the drag strip last weekend?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:20 AM
12 Second Club

^^+1 on price point i looked around and if you decide to go 9in MWC is the cheapest. U might end up spending a little more than 2800 depending on what you decide to go with though. On gear noise subject have them use Yukon gears which they usually do but i got some motives in mine due to some time constraints and they whine a bit which im not 100% happy about but its not that loud.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-M9-...using-Axle.htm

You could also go with the Moser M9 fabricated housing in the above link, and add your own center section. $1900.00 shipped. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 01-26-2011, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-M9-...using-Axle.htm

You could also go with the Moser M9 fabricated housing in the above link, and add your own center section. $1900.00 shipped. Bob
That's actually a pretty good deal there...
Old 01-26-2011, 02:25 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

MWC housing and axle package that comes with a torque arm of your choice and cross member with all the standard options like a drain plug, relocation brackets, and sway bar mounts at no extra cost is $1650 shipped depending on location.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

MWC housing and axle package that comes with a torque arm of your choice and cross member with all the standard options like a drain plug, relocation brackets, and sway bar mounts at no extra cost is $1650 shipped depending on location.
Jesus that's a good deal.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

No ****? I didn't realize axles were included in that price... Once again, MWC rules
Old 01-26-2011, 03:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

For those who are short on time, the Moser rears ship out just two days after the order is placed. Bob

Old 01-26-2011, 04:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

A housing and axle packages ships out in no time. Our full builds are the ones that take a little longer and what 99% of what we get as far as orders. That is only because we offer so many different options for center sections it is almost impossible for us to keep everything in stock at all times even though we try as long as product is available.

Have any questions just let me know an like stated our housings come standard with a drain plug, four hole relocator style LCA brackets, stock style anti-sway bar mounts, brake line clips, chassis brake hose mounting bracket, brake hose mounts, and E-brake cable brackets(98-02) all standard at no extra charge.

As you can see we offer all those extra items for free while our housing is priced at an amazingly low price making it well worth the wait.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Question

A housing and axle packages ships out in no time. Our full builds are the ones that take a little longer and what 99% of what we get as far as orders. That is only because we offer so many different options for center sections it is almost impossible for us to keep everything in stock at all times even though we try as long as product is available.

Have any questions just let me know an like stated our housings come standard with a drain plug, four hole relocator style LCA brackets, stock style anti-sway bar mounts, brake line clips, chassis brake hose mounting bracket, brake hose mounts, and E-brake cable brackets(98-02) all standard at no extra charge.

As you can see we offer all those extra items for free while our housing is priced at an amazingly low price making it well worth the wait.

It takes you that long to get parts from Strange? That's too bad! Bob

Old 01-26-2011, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

A lot of great info here. Thanks everyone who gave there input every little bit helps.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
It takes you that long to get parts from Strange? That's too bad! Bob
We offer Strange, Moser, and yukon the possibility of combinations is endless. Some times even they run out of items also, how ever we do what we can to order as much bulk as possible. Now if the shop walls would start swelling so we had a place to keep in stock all the stuff we need at once.

If anyone is interested in other items besides rear ends we do offer suspension items that we build in house and are direct with many other companies to help try and get you the best prices all in one stop.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:00 AM
Launching!

Wink YES , f*%#ing stage staff

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
You can't go wrong with a MWC setup. For the price, when you factor in the torque arm, crossmember, dss loop, and relo. mounts (all included in the base price) you cant touch it. I've been beating the hell out of mine for a couple years now and its still as good as new

BTW I see you're in Bahrain, I'm in bahrain now for work. Did you go to the drag strip last weekend?
yup Iwas at the strip that night in my Z28 .... twisted my STEEL DS & FORKED my rear end .... would be nice if you passed by my shop in Isa Town ... would love to talk about your MWC 9" more ...