Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

My 8.8, Teaser Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice looking rear set up so far...interested in seeing the final product.

Gonna do a similiar 8.8 build...just got a rear for free from a buddy
Old 05-14-2011, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 193 Likes on 149 Posts

How far along is this project? Is the four link finished?
Old 05-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see a fellow f-body pull off the parallel. I was going to run with a watts link, but decided to go with a panhard style instead for clearance.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
Friday will be 7 weeks sadly I understand that it will take some time since its for an 8.8 and not the 9" or 7.5 that MWC has their jig setup for. I called 2 weeks ago and they said it should ship out this week....fingers crossed. It just kinda sucks spending $600 and having to wait so long, but I guess I'll be the only one with one
Let us know how the install goes and if you have any questions let us know. Would of been out much sooner but the little issue we had with what you said you had for axle tube size kind of set us back some and we had to start over on stands.

The weld on stands you felt you wanted instead of a fully bolt on version made the hole build go faster for sure once we both came to that conclusion for your particular set up.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry guys I haven't checked this thread for a little while. I have some pics in my build thread in my sig.

The watts is here, 4 link bars are mocked up, rear sway bar is here, and I just need to do some welding and grinding and the rear should be setup

I'm running a pretty low ride height so I have to modify my shock mounts on the rear axle otherwise I would only have 1" of axle up travel. We are having a big party this weekend, but friday I'm going to try to get something done and I'll maybe get some new pics
Old 05-26-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
Let us know how the install goes and if you have any questions let us know. Would of been out much sooner but the little issue we had with what you said you had for axle tube size kind of set us back some and we had to start over on stands.

The weld on stands you felt you wanted instead of a fully bolt on version made the hole build go faster for sure once we both came to that conclusion for your particular set up.
I really don't appreciate you coming into my threads and telling me that it was my fault that you took 4 months to ship a watts link. I told you on the phone when I ordered the watts that I wanted weld on stands, and 2 weeks later you told me that they would be clamp on stands when I called to ask about the progress. Then you blame me for not stating the correct axle diameter, then 3 and a half months later you finally listen to me, the customer, and ship out the weld on stands like I wanted in the first place. I said I wanted weld on brackets for a 3" axle tube. All of the brackets I have ordered were for a 3" tube and they were all just fine. If you wanted to do a clamp on bracket for an 8.8 you, the manufacture, should have done your research and built the correct brackets, but I guess its just easier to point a finger at a customer. But I guess you simply blaming me in a PM wasn't enough and you felt the need to make it public. Excuse me for warning other potential customers about the time frame to expect when ordering your products.

I can tell you that the watts link I purchased from you guys will be that last product that comes from you, and after this whole deal I don't even know if I want to put it on my car. That is if I can get it to bolt onto my car, the main hoop for the watts has to be forced to even get the bolt holes to line up.

So much for a "work of art"
Old 05-26-2011, 12:54 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
I really don't appreciate you coming into my threads and telling me that it was my fault that you took 4 months to ship a watts link. I told you on the phone when I ordered the watts that I wanted weld on stands, and 2 weeks later you told me that they would be clamp on stands when I called to ask about the progress. Then you blame me for not stating the correct axle diameter, then 3 and a half months later you finally listen to me, the customer, and ship out the weld on stands like I wanted in the first place. I said I wanted weld on brackets for a 3" axle tube. All of the brackets I have ordered were for a 3" tube and they were all just fine. If you wanted to do a clamp on bracket for an 8.8 you, the manufacture, should have done your research and built the correct brackets, but I guess its just easier to point a finger at a customer. But I guess you simply blaming me in a PM wasn't enough and you felt the need to make it public. Excuse me for warning other potential customers about the time frame to expect when ordering your products.

I can tell you that the watts link I purchased from you guys will be that last product that comes from you, and after this whole deal I don't even know if I want to put it on my car. That is if I can get it to bolt onto my car, the main hoop for the watts has to be forced to even get the bolt holes to line up.

So much for a "work of art"
I can understand your frustration a 100% and time frame is our fault but like you mentioned we asked a tube size because we do not have your housing here to go off of. Searching the web or any were else doesn't let us know what you have. We had one set up for 3" axle tubes done ready to go bolt on style. We also wanted to go with a bolt in style to keep you from having to do extra welding on your housing to prevent warping the housing. Just trying to go that extra step to help you out, it just made more sense. That way if you ever wanted to take it off you could with out cutting it off.

Send me pictures of fitment issues so we can see what might be off, like anything else it was test fitted here in shop before it left. Also keep in mind you got a one off item manufactured, those do take some time to figure it out.

We do appreciate your patients with us and working with us to get you what you wanted. We built something that no one else builds and is a one off deal, it took a little longer than we hoped with one little set back on both our ends.

Last edited by MidwestChassis; 05-26-2011 at 01:30 PM.