Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Got my 9" to quiet down a lot

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 12:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redtail2426
I really dont see your point,because i dont know of any gears that will wear out that fast and it being considered normal wear and tear.Any gearset should last a long time,sure the richmonds might be better for a car thats pullin 1.3 60ft times,but a 450rwhp car any gear brand should last a long time
agreed
Old 04-09-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
That is a pretty bold statement considering the amount of rear ends out there today that we set up over the past 10+ years considering we do more than just build our fabricated rear ends for F-Body's.

Like stated when we set up a gear set the compound is left on the gear and the customer can see it when they get it. We keep track of every gear set up we do so we can keep track if there is any fluctuation between them, the gears we offer have all been very consistent with each other for some time now. That being said that would mean every gear we set up would be loud and that just isn't the case.
Don't remember what brand he put in mine but once broken in I had no gear noise that I could detect over the exhaust.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ssvert99
Probably the same blindfolded guy that builds 200mph cars and the components that go in them. Maybe you should just come down here and see what really goes on before you spout off at the mouth again.
Is this the first bad thing someone has said about mwc? Sounds like it.

Well when mwc set the gears up it whined. When another party set the gears up, it didn't whine. That's about it. Not saying all of your gears whine but these did.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:37 PM
8 Second Club

i have ran 3.70s 3.90 4.10 4.56 and 5.67 richmond grs in my 9" all werent loud. maybe the 5" exh off the turbo drowns the noise out!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

mwc chassis builds a nice piece.

i had a whining problem when i put mine in. i went with a rebuilt ford posi, 3.89s, 31 spline, upgraded case and yolk.

i could grab the pinion yolk and move it back...and forth...up and down....sloppy....im not talking thousanths either...it was considerable....

i took off the nut on the pinion...the pinion stuck out further than the yolk! the nut bottomed out....pretty easy fix tho. basically added some thin washers in there...tightened it up...good to go!!! doesnt make any sounds!!!!

im not saying this to bash mwc, love their product...just relaying info for something someone can check on their 9 in. it was loud on decel...
Old 04-09-2011, 05:21 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
Is this the first bad thing someone has said about mwc? Sounds like it.

Well when mwc set the gears up it whined. When another party set the gears up, it didn't whine. That's about it. Not saying all of your gears whine but these did.
You can PM me the persons name I would be more than happy to hear who it is, and talk to them about it.

Quick Reply: Got my 9" to quiet down a lot