Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rear end help again :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear end help again :(

Well long story short, Replaced Torque arm, Driveshaft, Axles, and 10 bolt. Shortly after having everything back together and buttoned up i have a whine only on decel, at higher speeds it is only a whine at low speeds it feels like a whine/scratchy feeling in the floor. The cover came off as soon as i heard this, no abnormal wear, no missing teeth, no bent axles, seems like nothing is wrong. there wasnt even anything on the magnet. Any ideas? The car has been babied since the 10 bolt has been installed, my foot is really going through withdrawls but im scared of breaking something as it is the DD. When i swapped in the 10 bolt, the previous owner just had it rebuilt, but had a bad seal. i replaced the wheelbearings/seals, new royal purple gear fluid, and has been babied. the rear and everyting sounded great no noises, on my way home about 3 days later i heard a loud scratching sound and the car wasnt running right, replaced the DS that was grooved and broken torque arm, and after that the car has made this sound/feeling only on decel. its not loud to the point where its louder than the exhaust or the radio, but i can feel it in my foot on the floorboard and when deceling at slow speeds its a tad louder and you can hear it, its almost like something is catching at half rotation.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump bump bump
Old 04-16-2011, 05:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Did you replace the torque arm with an adjustable one? If you did the pinion angle might be off?.

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-16-2011, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Did you replace the torque arm with an adjustable one? If you did the pinion angle might be off?.
factory TA
i did lower the rear about a 1/2 inch though.