Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Quick Performance 9" Rear Pics Inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011 | 04:35 PM
On The Tree

If you were referring to the sway bar mounts, they are BMR. Just search BMR from their home page, they have weld on ones to which I would have used if I could weld, lol.

I do like they way QP help's out their customers. I called Brydon about 5 months after buying my RE, asked about the leaking axle bearing and what I would have to do to fix it, he said he would send some inner axle seals right out. Then he asked if I had any other concerns and I did, the center section I had them build with 3:89's whines a little more than it should. i didn't bother me much but I mentioned it. He told me as soon as I have the time, take it out send it in and they will replace the gears for free, hows that for customer service almost 1/2 a year later.

BTW, those are the exact same UMI LCA brackets on mine that you have in your pics.

1 question, what was he referring to in this quote? the shipping box?

"We still do occasionally hear about packages showing up like yours did."
Old 05-13-2011 | 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02Z28ZO6
1 question, what was he referring to in this quote? the shipping box?

"We still do occasionally hear about packages showing up like yours did."
Correct. If you look at my first picture, the box is all blown out on the side. Thank you for the bracket info as well.
Old 05-13-2011 | 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there is a post on tgo where his broke. I think due to the side to side movement he said. with the adjustable track pac not sure which one broke but it bad a mess

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/lt...rformance.html

looks like the TQ arm broke first
Old 05-14-2011 | 11:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 89 formula350
there is a post on tgo where his broke. I think due to the side to side movement he said. with the adjustable track pac not sure which one broke but it bad a mess

I talked to Brydon @ QP aprox a year ago about the possibility of them building their own torque arm as an option to the current t/a mount. He told me they've considered it but wasn't sure how many people would be interested in it. I've also considered fabbing up my own t/a and using the original QP mounts on the rearend housing.

Mike
Old 05-15-2011 | 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 89 formula350

That one was obviously caused by the installer. The QP TA mount is already adjustable and mounts with rod ends. Adding an adjustable TA adds 2 more rod ends and then allows the entire assembly to pivot back and fourth, eventually that will break for sure. The installer should have replaced those rod ends with solid mounts.

Quick Reply: Quick Performance 9" Rear Pics Inside