Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rear End Options for Z28 M6

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 02:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Exclamation

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
all the Moser housings have shipped out in just two days, not sure why yours took you a week to receive.
Hmm, you think maybe when you add the two days to ship, then two to three days to reach the customer, that it might possibly take a week? Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 05-18-2011, 03:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-18-2011, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

I can not say it is stronger or more reliable because anything is possible. It is supposed to be a better option how ever for the S60 over what they were currently offering. We have been testing the nine inch version for some time now and it has been doing very well with a 9 second six speed car. Also yes it is a very smooth operating differential.
I understand that you guys don't want to commit to saying its stronger or more reliable, but what is Strange's reasoning for this new LSD?

According to them, what are the benefits of it? I doubt it was cheap to develop, so I'm sure they must have their reasons.Would you happen to be privy to this?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:51 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Aetos
I understand that you guys don't want to commit to saying its stronger or more reliable, but what is Strange's reasoning for this new LSD?

According to them, what are the benefits of it? I doubt it was cheap to develop, so I'm sure they must have their reasons.Would you happen to be privy to this?
That isn't really information that has been discussed as to why, I am sure they have their reasons for doing so whether it is just to offer another product with their name on it or to get away from using someone else's products line.

I know our biggest hang up is other manufactures time frame on getting needed product to us in a timely fashion. Granted we are a small shop and can only stock so much so that plays into effect on time frame but it also helps us keep cost down and why we can offer the MWC housing package with a torque arm and cross member for the same price as what other housings go for on the market all while ours comes fully loaded with options at no extra cost with shipping included.

We have been on Strange to get on the ball to get their S-Lock out for the 9" as there is a pretty good demand for it from the customers we already have on order to others holding out to make an order once it is available.

Customers have had real good luck with it in the S-60 for some time now and we had really good luck with it for the 9" in testing for two years now as well. Really nice unit for sure.

Here it is being used in one of our customers cars last year behind a six speed N2o combination.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:57 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Question

That isn't really information that has been discussed as to why, I am sure they have their reasons for doing so whether it is just to offer another product with their name on it or to get away from using someone else's products line.

I know our biggest hang up is other manufactures time frame on getting needed product to us in a timely fashion. Granted we are a small shop and can only stock so much so that plays into effect on time frame but it also helps us keep cost down and why we can offer the MWC housing package with a torque arm and cross member for the same price as what other housings go for on the market all while ours comes fully loaded with options at no extra cost with shipping included.

We have been on Strange to get on the ball to get their S-Lock out for the 9" as there is a pretty good demand for it from the customers we already have on order to others holding out to make an order once it is available.

Customers have had real good luck with it in the S-60 for some time now and we had really good luck with it for the 9" in testing for two years now as well. Really nice unit for sure.

Here it is being used in one of our customers cars last year behind a six speed N2o combination.

Sounds like you guys need to quit using Strange and use Moser for your parts, as Moser's turn around on parts is usually the same day the order is placed. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 05-18-2011, 06:02 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the information!

I doubt my car will ever do that, so i think I'm safe
Old 05-18-2011, 06:37 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Sounds like you guys need to quit using Strange and use Moser for your parts, as Moser's turn around on parts is usually the same day the order is placed. Bob
... and so does Strange.

You might not understand this but sometimes we have to wait on other items as well since we build our own product line. It's not just a Strange or Moser issue, but possibly from several other vendors. This is just one of the ways we are able to offer the highest quality, best engineering, and lowest prices. For instance, there are 5 different bearing sets in a 9 inch center section. We get those 5 sets from 3 different vendors to continually save our customers money and still get the highest quality.

Just part of the game when you are a fabrication shop and not just a retailer. Unfortunately we have had parts come up on BO from all the major distributors at one time or another. We proudly offer the entire product lines of Strange, Moser, Yukon, Motive Gear, Richmond Gear, Afco, PST Driveline, FK Bearing, Dynatech, Procharger, and on, and on, and on, and on.... MWC stocks most of the popular items from these manufacturers and due to high demands, especially this time of year, a shortage of parts can become an issue. We have plenty of buying power and get deals as good, and usually better than the big mail order places.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm happy wit a week turn around i no for a fact buddy's of mine have waited 4 months for **** n one month for just a housing n brut speed offers same setup fabricated 9 inch with torque arm n cross member for 2900 shipped yes it's 300 more but il pay that to get in a week n is lighter then the fab 9 sry mwc i would rather go with brut n moser they got there **** together
Old 05-18-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00RedDragon
I'm happy wit a week turn around i no for a fact buddy's of mine have waited 4 months for **** n one month for just a housing n brut speed offers same setup fabricated 9 inch with torque arm n cross member for 2900 shipped yes it's 300 more but il pay that to get in a week n is lighter then the fab 9 sry mwc i would rather go with brut n moser they got there **** together
Honestly, if I was spending that much money, I would go for an MWC. I'm pretty sure that MWC can make their rear lighter than a fab 9 if you wanted it..
Old 05-18-2011, 08:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 00RedDragon
I'm sorry to inform you but besides the term "fabricated" there is nothing similar to our housings, torque arm, and cross member. The weight on the products are very different also with ours being lighter with out making changes to our regular optioned housing.

There is also a big difference in what you get when the sale is over with at the end of the day. Our fabricated housing is not only priced better we also offer tech to our customers well after their purchase. It is not uncommon for us to run into our customers out at the track and give advice.

The reason there is a waiting list for our housings is because we go above and beyond, but do keep in mind that if time frame is an issue I can get you into a housing package from Strange or Moser at unbeatable prices.

Regardless at the end of the day no matter what you buy or were you buy it from, having a company that will be their to answer your questions for years and also help get you good prices on other items is key. Especially if they are out testing the same items they are selling.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

happy with the s60, its very very quiet! I figure its what they ran in the hemi cars too! it was rated for the HP and weight of a car like that

Quick Reply: Rear End Options for Z28 M6