Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9" bearing ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moser 9" bearing ?'s

Having little or no luck in finding an answer for this on the interwebs and it is too late to call Moser at the moment so I thought I'd post up here and see what ya'll can give me before I get up in the morning.

This is an LS1 set-up

I'm fixing to have the bearings pressed onto my axles (if I ever find a shop with a press) and I know the big bearing goes on, followed by the wedding ring. I received however a third ring that is red with a rubber seal on the inner hole, a flat side and an indented side. It is about 1/4 inch thick so I am assuming this is to prevent leaks but none of the instructions say where this piece should go or how it goes on.

Does it just slide on after the wedding ring? Does it need to be pressed on? Does the flat end face towards the tires or the differential?

Any help would be great as this is the last major hurdle preventing me from filling her up and breaking her in.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty sure it goes in the axle tube indented side towards the diff does not need pressed on. Some carquests with a machine shop can press them on for you but were pretty pricey in my area for the job.