Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Anyone tried a lubelocker gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone tried a lubelocker gasket?

A buddy of mine who off roads mentioned lubelocker gaskets to me. Sure enough I looked it up and they look pretty badass. Reusable, no scraping, rubber seal. My 60 is leaking, I don't think I let the RTV setup long enough before I filled. Anyone tried one?

Just google and check 'em out. Possible solution to leaks.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:37 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

cover sealing is usually more dependent on the cleanliness and trueness of the surfaces, and correct fastener torque- not necessarily what gasket you use.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssvert99
cover sealing is usually more dependent on the cleanliness and trueness of the surfaces, and correct fastener torque- not necessarily what gasket you use.
Hmmm, I wire wheeled the mating surfaces sufficiently, I used a torque wrench to spec using a criss-cross pattern. Are you saying that I shouldn't opt for a higher quality gasket and use bubblegum instead? As long as everything is clean and torqued down properly it should work right?

Look man, all I'm saying as that the RTV gasket failed for me and I'm considering this option and looking to see if anyone has any positive experiences with it.

It does look pretty stout.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone tried a lubelocker gasket?-dana-60.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone tried a lubelocker gasket?