Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Et streets and stock 10 bolt

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
you guys are scaring me lol.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look in sig. im currently trying to find someone to repair mine. Blew July 15th last year and took the FLT level 3 trans with it. repaired trans and thought i fixed rear, not so. Car makes 390/385 with SS4000 stall and at the time had 4.10s. i was asking for it though on a set of Hoosiers with those gears that stall and that power foot breaking it. Lets just sayi dead hooked harder than i ever did before and sheered every toothoff the the ring AND pinion, literally!!! im rebuilding stock 10 bolt but not going back to track till i have a 9". Long story short. i was fine on bolt on power but after i started dickin around swapin gears and makin more power and stallin it, well, she blew!!! good luck. think u will be fine for now, but hell who knows for sure!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its one of those phantom issues that there is no clear exact hp number that equates to 10 bolt failure. For example we have a lot of guys out here in Ca that are still running the 10 bolts making around 450rwhp on mickeys, and nt05r's with no issue with both autos and m6's. Then you have a freekish story like mine where i Broke my rear with a lid and catback, but was on 20 inch rims at the time with stock suspension. probable cause wheel hop. Since then the 10 bolt was repaired under GM warranty and it has lived through cam only setup making 415rwhp and currently lives behind a d1sc 347 combo. So its hit or miss. In its defense I have lca's, sub frame con, sway bar and adj pan hard bar now.

Anyway the moral of the story is know that it could go and make a decision that fits your pocket book..And I would suggest just running a good street tire like Nitto Invos or NT05 untill you get an aftermarket rear.. Good luck op..

Quick Reply: Et streets and stock 10 bolt