Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Limited Slip- Going out??

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limited Slip- Going out??

Hey guys..

I had a pretty frustrating day at the dragstrip. It started out good, new personal best, but then went down hill, as I could not get traction at all as the day went on.

There was a rain delay, and I don't know if the track went away after that, or if I have something else going on. I was suddenly spinning so bad I was wondering if I had something going on in the rear end, where only one wheel was driving the car?? Well I had my wife take a video, and in the burnout you can see both tires spin and smoke, which leads me to believe at least for the burnout things are OK. Under the stress of launching off the starting line will that cause it to slip totally and only drive one wheel???

I have no noise, and the car drives fine otherwise. It might all be in my head.

I do have lower control arm relocation brackets, set in the lowest hole.

BTW- Here are pics of the car after 10-12 passes. The left rear is showing a decent amount of rubber build up on the left, and not much at all on the right.

Last edited by Stardust; 05-13-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a video.. It sure looks like both rear wheels are turning for the burnout.. Must just be bad traction overall.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine is doing the same thing, I did a burnout and only my pass. side spun which is symptoms of a beat posi.

I also have lca's/brackets along with a pbh and torque arm.

Quick Reply: Limited Slip- Going out??