Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rearend oil: Texas Oil or Lucas Oil (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rearend oil: Texas Oil or Lucas Oil (Long)

Getting my 12-bolt installation finished up and after the first 500 to 1000 miles I will be changing out the oil in the rear. The guy that is doing the installation recommended that I use a product called Lucas Oil (not sure that is spelled right) or another oil called Texas Oil. He told me that on accelleration that there is some gear whine (4.11s) but not as bad as others with the same setup that he has ridden in. He told me that either of these rear lubes would propably quite the rear down even more. He went on to say that the Texas Oil is the more expensive of the two, but that the Lucas oil is about as good. Does anyone have any experience with either of these products and if so did they help with gear whine? The gear whine doesn't bother me so much but if it gets the rear quiter all the better. If those of you that use these products could give some feedback I would appreciate it. I'm really wanting to know if these more expensive lubes are worth it for the rear b/c after the break in period the tires just might be spinning alittle bit.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I once tried Lucas for a noisy rear. I tried thicker gear oil too. Nothing helps.

Quick Reply: Rearend oil: Texas Oil or Lucas Oil (Long)