Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Driveshaft Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 05:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driveshaft Question

Hey guys,

I have a 2002 z28 with a 4l60e and S60 rear end. When I did the S60 swap I ordered an all chromoly driveshaft from MWC. I am in the midst of putting together parts list for my TH400 swap. I am aware that a new trans yoke will be needed, but my question here is, is there a yoke that I can purchase that will allow the use of my current driveshaft or will I need to have a new driveshaft made? I am under the impression that the driveshaft I am currently running will be too short.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just finished a Th400 swap with the S60 rearend. You will definitely need a longer driveshaft.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:56 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on if you use a long tail or short tail th400 your going to be about 3'' to short.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:03 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BOLO
I just finished a Th400 swap with the S60 rearend. You will definitely need a longer driveshaft.
Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
Depending on if you use a long tail or short tail th400 your going to be about 3'' to short.
Thank you for your responses, I knew current driveshaft would definitely be short but thought maybe someone would make a conversion yoke for trans that would make up the difference, guess not...

MWC you'll be getting a phone call in about a week. I'm going to upgrade to your LCA's and Panhard, switch my torque arm to your true dual x pipe short arm setup, and get my th400 swap crossmember from you. Once I finish the swap I'll call back with dimensions so we can order another driveshaft too.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allblackedout5
Thank you for your responses, I knew current driveshaft would definitely be short but thought maybe someone would make a conversion yoke for trans that would make up the difference, guess not...

MWC you'll be getting a phone call in about a week. I'm going to upgrade to your LCA's and Panhard, switch my torque arm to your true dual x pipe short arm setup, and get my th400 swap crossmember from you. Once I finish the swap I'll call back with dimensions so we can order another driveshaft too.
I thought about the same idea, longer trans yoke. But the difference in length to make up will be unsafe. I,too have a new chromoly driveshaft that I have to sell.
I bought a new one from Strange Engineering since they're here locally.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BOLO
I thought about the same idea, longer trans yoke. But the difference in length to make up will be unsafe. I,too have a new chromoly driveshaft that I have to sell.
I bought a new one from Strange Engineering since they're here locally.
Got ya. At least I wasn't only one thinking that way. Thanks for the help. Looks like I'll be ordering a new one when the time comes.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:17 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allblackedout5

Sounds good let us know when you are ready.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft Question