Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Got one of the new design EC 8.8" rears...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm starting to think that all rears whine, just some hear it more than others. Like you and I, we have LCAs, APHR, TA, shocks, springs, etc - I think we're just hearing what everyone else doesn't. I'm a musician, so my ear is trained to hone in on certain things, and if I barely hear it I won't stop hearing it until I stop thinking about it. As long as it's not going to break on me I don't care.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Launching!

man, i sure hope mine doesnt whine. i play music as well and thats something that would annoy the **** out of me. you did not get an eaton posi unit right? well as for time that ive been waiting, its at week 9, almost 10. craig contacted me 2 weeks ago and let me know what was going on. hopefully i hear back from him soon with notice that the rear is going out.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i think the Drag race sus[pension set up transfers the whine better and makes it seem louder. with my dual cut outs open and my stereo blastring i think i can't hear it anymore.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

anything other than factory suspenion components will transfer noise into the car..
harder bushings, solid transfer points. my stang is the same way. thinking about getting an 8.8 and keeping the stock control arms.. curious to the
results of that.....
Old 07-23-2004, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

the whine didn't get any louder with the LCA just with the TA
Old 07-23-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SUX2BU
the whine didn't get any louder with the LCA just with the TA
what kind did you use?
Old 07-23-2004, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Mine whines pretty bad too it wasn't noticeable at first it just got louder. now its really loud but i think its cause i put on some race only LCA's, and the BMR track pack on. so they transfer alot more noise.
read up nine posts.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Ive been waiting for over 11 weeks. I was told soon....waiting....
Old 07-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

My brother screen name SSalvage has been waiting over 13 weeks, and he is through with it. If Craig does not respond to his current email he is going to the POLICE and the Better Business Bureau. This kind of business cannot keep going through. On numerous occasions he has told him that he is taking the completed rear-end to the shipper, has offered him free shipping and still no rear end. As far as I am concerned this is outright theft. On Monday the entire communications by email are going to be posted so that everyone can see the kind of outright lies and absolute bullshit he tells.

CALLING CRAIG
CALLING CRAIG
CALLING CRAIG
CALLING CRAIG
CALLING CRAIG
CALLING CRAIG
CALLING CRAIG
CALLING CRAIG
Old 07-26-2004, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

read up nine posts.

OOPS! missed that!
Old 11-11-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trubo
hey sean why are you having to get rid of the girdle? i have never had any clearence issues? and the gear whine where is it at on decell or accel? i havent had any probs with gear whine either? and yes when cars are slammed the TA is really close to the tranny tunnel, the way the 8.8 is designed, the TA mount can't go any closer to the pinion because the fill plug is there thats why the TA is so close. anyways glad you like it let me know if there is any problems ok! thanx
craig
A very old post but i just found out who this is. My gears whined and when i told you, you really didn't seem to care to much. I asked for motive gears to prevent whine and you told my you put in Randys ring and pinion gears after i got the rear.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z95m6
A very old post but i just found out who this is. My gears whined and when i told you, you really didn't seem to care to much. I asked for motive gears to prevent whine and you told my you put in Randys ring and pinion gears after i got the rear.
What was this post about ?
Old 11-13-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TRex
What was this post about ?
If you couldn't tell that was Craig i quoted. He said that he had never had problems with gear whine, and i bought my rear over a year ago and had whine and told him about it. That was kind of a fib then because i had gear whine prior to this and he said he's never had a problem with it.