Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Massaging (beating) DS tunnel underbody for Moser 9"/Tq Arm Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes the moser 9 is not a direct bolt on
Old 12-03-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it is worth, I have been driving this car almost a year now with this junky rear end and it still pisses me off everytime I drive it. Other than drag racing, this rear end has ruined my car. Everyone that has gone for a ride in it believe something is not right, however, Moser and Tratech (or whoever it is that makes the Detroit locker) claim that it is normal, of course they have not been in the vehicle. Also even after beating the crap out of my car, removing the lock washer from the top T/A attachment bracket. and grinding down the head of the bolt somewhat, it still hits on the inside of the body. It is hitting near the top on the forward side of the sheet metal just to the drivers side of the center section. It has hit so hard (even after attempting to clearance it) that it has poked a small hole through the sheet metal. Anyone considering a 9" with a 35 spline Detroit Locker for strength and drivability over a spooled 12 bolt, DON'T... my 2nd gen had a spooled 12 bolt and drove much better than the 9 " does, especially in a 6 speed car where the rear axle is loaded and unloaded all the time.

Quick Reply: Massaging (beating) DS tunnel underbody for Moser 9"/Tq Arm Clearance