Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Deprived of my rights!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Deprived of my rights!!

I installed a SPEC stage 3 in my 99 SS and performed the master cylinder drill mod at the same time. My problem is that when I speed shift, by the time I get through third gear, my clutch pedal only comes half way up. I replaced the slave cylinder with a 02 model and have bled the system many times. The pedal pressure feels OK for normal driving (a little softer than it was, I assume because of the drill mod.) I can't seem to believe there is still air in the system as many times as I have bled it. Could I have gotten a bad slave, or do I need to go with a newer master cylinder? Please help, I am being deprived of my rights to smoke some Mustangs. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kevin
Old 11-28-2001, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Deprived of my rights!!

Is the slave the same one you used with both masters?

chris
Old 11-28-2001, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Chris,
I think you may have misread my post. I am currently using a new 2002 slave that I just installed. I am using the same master cylinder that I had before (1999). DO you think I may have messed up my master cylinder trying to work it out from underneath the brake master/booster? Do you know if GM updated the master cylinder after 1999?
Thanks,
Kevin
Old 11-29-2001, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Yep, there was an updated master cylinder - as for getting the clutch working on the LS1 unfortunately it seems to be just a matter of replacing hydraulics until it works. If you are still using the stock 99 master I would definitely tray swapping that out.

Chris
Old 11-29-2001, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info Chris! I have heard of some people using DOT 4 brake fluid after doing the drill mod. What is your opinion?
Thanks
Kevin