Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What rearend?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What rearend?

I broke the 10-bolt obviously. Now I need to know what to do. Price is an issue. I'm confused on a 12-bolt or 9". Posi or a locker. Where to get it from. I also need to know what will work with my stock driveshaft so I can bolt it up and ride. Serious posts please I'm tired of seeing people just come in and say 9" just because everyone else does. I'm not sure if I will get into running at the track a lot or not. I know I will go some though. I want something that won't break. Otherwise I'd spend 1/5 of the money and get another 10-bolt. I have a 3 channel rear and I would like to keep abs (i know you can't with a 9") but if the 9" is that much better than a 12-bolt I suppose I will go with that.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey bud, as you know i busted my 10bolt a week ago. Long story short in talking with people selling their 10bolt b/c they upgraded everybody pretty much said go with a 9" its supposibly stronger and more versitable (more options)