Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Backing plates, Moser 9" + stock brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backing plates, Moser 9" + stock brakes

I bought a Moser 9" that used to have a Strange brake kit upgrade. I'm told I need backing plates for stock brakes, and Larry over an LS1Speed says they'll cost $240. I'm also looking for info on how to install them.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not just take the backing plates off the car when you go to swap the rear end? All you will do after you remove the old rear is unbolt them after you pull the axles, then put them on your new 9" axles.

First you will put on the ABS rings(if you have a 4 channel), then the backing plates(make sure you put them on the right side and facing the right way), then you press on the bearing and then press on the press ring. You can take it somewhere to get them pressed if you don't have a press. From that point you just put in your axle seal, slide in the axle and bolt the backing plate to the housing. I will be pulling one of my axles this week i'll try and remember to snap a picture of how it's assembled.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The GM part numbers for them are 10444625, 10444626. I paid 80.30 at the local dealership. This is with our shop discount but list on them is 114.72. Installation is pretty straight forward. Do a search it has been discussed before.

Dave