Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Brake differeces between 93-97 & 98-02 12 bolt rearends

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake differeces between 93-97 & 98-02 12 bolt rearends

Can a 93-97 rearend be installed in a 98-02 fbody without fabrication? I'm primarily concerned with installing disc brakes from my 2000 T/A into this older rear which I believe was intended for drum style brakes. What are the differences between the two and what is required to make the conversion if that applies. Anything else I may have overlooked please comment.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure that swap has been done a few times go to www.thirdgen.org those guys are pretty much into their brake swaps and look for a guy named Ed Miller he should be able to get you going in the right direction. I think your main concern is going to be the housing end on the axles you might hav to do some cutting but I don't think it'll be a big deal. Also go to www.s-seriesforum.com and there is a guy wo did a similar swap on his S10 (I think he used Blazer rear discs) but the premise is the same. You shouln't have a problem with e-brake cables.