Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

I need help with selecting the best gears/rear end for a 02 z06!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help with selecting the best gears/rear end for a 02 z06!

Yeah, I would like to upgrade my rear end and I also have some questions about gears.

First off is DTE the only company that makes rear ends for a vette? If not what are some others?

What would be the best rear end to go with if I wanted to do some high rpm launches with some sticky tires? My car is basically full bolton car with cam/nitrious. I am close to 600rwhp. I basically want a buleltproof rear end of possible.

Also, should I stay with my stock gears or go with some different ones? I would think with my rwhp level...different gears would give me even less traction and no real benifit at this point? Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks a lot, any suggestions are greatly appricated.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

DTE is the only one I'd let build my rear. They built my rear in my C5, never broke, but I never had sticky's. I was just really hard on it. With the M12 you wouldn't want to go higher than 3:90's. But, you're running juice and it likes a lower gear. So, the factory 3:42's would still be good. Call Phil and talk to him. Their cust service is outstanding. You might get more from www.corvetteforum.com or www.digitalcorvettes.com