Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Big Thanks to Scott at Driveline-Solutions

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Big Thanks to Scott at Driveline-Solutions

Just wanted to give Scott at Driveline-Solutions a big thanks for getting our 12 bolt fixed and back to normal

We had been having some problems with our 12 bolt after a local set the up the new gears..... 4.56's. We went through 2 sets of ring and pinion gears in a total of 150 miles with this local installer(friend). Needless to say we were tired of buying gears and wanted to get it right.

Scott and I talked over the phone for a bit, basically saying that our problems were caused by setup error from our first installer. Scott offered to set it up for us.....if we wanted to make the 380 mile drive......ONE WAY. Well needless to say, my dad and I made the trip to Scotts shop this past sunday morning. We came to the conclusion that it was setup error and then Scott setup our new gears/bearings etc etc.

So far the rearend is absolutely quiet, smooth, no vibrations, and its nice to get the car back on the road.

Again, I would do business with Scott again anytime. Thanks man
Old 08-16-2006, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Scott. He will get all of my future rear end related business from now on.

Wait......that didnt sound too good.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:54 AM
TECH Resident

I've been looking at his 9" set up....it will be him or TSP havent decided yet. I've read alot of good reviews of his work though and how quiet they are.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99WS7
I've been looking at his 9" set up....it will be him or TSP havent decided yet. I've read alot of good reviews of his work though and how quiet they are.

If your still on the fence on who to go to, I would highly recomend going to Scott. If you want the rear to be quiet, he is the man to see.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thank you Brian for your comments, it's nice to help those that need it the most. The situation you were in unfortunatly is one I hear about to often.
It kinda also proves that a Richmond gear in a factory 12 bolt can be set up to run quietly.

Originally Posted by SMKN TA 95
Just wanted to give Scott at Driveline-Solutions a big thanks for getting our 12 bolt fixed and back to normal

We had been having some problems with our 12 bolt after a local set the up the new gears..... 4.56's. We went through 2 sets of ring and pinion gears in a total of 150 miles with this local installer(friend). Needless to say we were tired of buying gears and wanted to get it right.

Scott and I talked over the phone for a bit, basically saying that our problems were caused by setup error from our first installer. Scott offered to set it up for us.....if we wanted to make the 380 mile drive......ONE WAY. Well needless to say, my dad and I made the trip to Scotts shop this past sunday morning. We came to the conclusion that it was setup error and then Scott setup our new gears/bearings etc etc.

So far the rearend is absolutely quiet, smooth, no vibrations, and its nice to get the car back on the road.

Again, I would do business with Scott again anytime. Thanks man
Old 08-17-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, +1 for scott again!

my 9" is still quieter then my 10 bolt with the 3.73's!