Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

How to delete TCS??

Old 08-18-2006, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to delete TCS??

I want to delete the TCS, what's the best way to do it? I'm also deleting ABS (trailer qween) and will probably get SJM's kit for that.

I just pulled my axles to replace the wheel studs in my Strange 12 bolt and noticed that ring used with the magnetic sensor is in the way, my new studs won't fit in there so I want to permanently remove them, those are part of the TCS right?

TIA,

Dan
Old 08-19-2006, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

TTT, someones got to know this .
Old 08-19-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would send SJM a pm about this. I don't know about getting rid of it entirely, the lights would be on the dash unless you pulled the bulbs out. I suppose you could just remove your rings/sensors/harnesses and then just pull the bulbs and that would be your delete?
Old 08-19-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by keliente
I would send SJM a pm about this. I don't know about getting rid of it entirely, the lights would be on the dash unless you pulled the bulbs out. I suppose you could just remove your rings/sensors/harnesses and then just pull the bulbs and that would be your delete?
That would actually be fine by me. Will the traction control just be disabled then? It won't try to engage or do anything funny? The TCS switch will just have no effect and won't have to worry about it right?

I'm calling Steve on Monday as well, I need his ABS delete .

Dan
Old 08-19-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No...if it detects any faults at all, it is disabled. You could just unplug a sensor and that would do it...or remove everything.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by keliente
No...if it detects any faults at all, it is disabled. You could just unplug a sensor and that would do it...or remove everything.
Ok great! That's what I wanted to hear. I'll just pull the bulbs out of the dash then.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:34 AM

SLP sells a TCS revers moduel that makes the traction control off unless you turn it on.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I don't want TCS at all though. I am loosing the reluctor rings so no way the SLP box will help with that.

Dan
Old 08-20-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have not rings, the tcs will not work. Anyway, if your going to strictly race the car, your going to want to remove any thing that doesnt go fast. Which includes the tcs controller.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK I just got through pulling mine about a month ago, if you pull the relay in the fuse box under the hood the only light that come on is the TCS Off light.

Too remove the system from the Throttle body you need to get a throttle cable from a non TCS car, I think it was like $20 or so from the dealership. I also took off my cruise control but if you didn't wan't to do that you could get a cruise cable from a non TCS car as well. Then remove the ugly box off of the valve cover and all the crap attached. then you can remove the sensors and stuff off of the rear. I hear there is also a control computer for the TCS under the dash but I didn't look yet and I'm OK with the TCS Off light since it has been lit all the time before because I never used it...
Old 08-21-2006, 05:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SlowFormula
OK I just got through pulling mine about a month ago, if you pull the relay in the fuse box under the hood the only light that come on is the TCS Off light.

Too remove the system from the Throttle body you need to get a throttle cable from a non TCS car, I think it was like $20 or so from the dealership. I also took off my cruise control but if you didn't wan't to do that you could get a cruise cable from a non TCS car as well. Then remove the ugly box off of the valve cover and all the crap attached. then you can remove the sensors and stuff off of the rear. I hear there is also a control computer for the TCS under the dash but I didn't look yet and I'm OK with the TCS Off light since it has been lit all the time before because I never used it...
Great, thanks thats very helpful. I have the part number for the throttle cable already. I don't want the CC either, but I don't have anything on my valve cover for that, just a big canister on the fenderwell.

Dan

Search this Thread