Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need a rear end for my 96Z28

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002 | 09:09 PM
Teching In

Default Need a rear end for my 96Z28

Hi,
The dealer screwed me and just replaced the pinion seal (when it was under warranty) and tightened the pinion so much it fried the pinion bearing. They replaced that (under dealer warranty) and I thought all was well and then the pinion started leaking like crazy and now they say my case is cracked...I am p*ssed. My car is now out of warranty and they refuse to fix it even though they knew it was bad while it was under warranty.
Now, does anyone know of a good place I can get a complete rear end for my car for a decent price(Under $300-400)?
And does anyone know if it is easy to put a 99 up rear in the car since it has a torsen diff? Is it compatible with my ABS and traction control? I have a 96Z28.
Thanks,
James
Old 07-03-2002 | 09:43 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Need a rear end for my 96Z28

I would suggest trying salvage yards... You will need to check around on price but they will normally give the best deals... I got a back up 4L60E tranny for $400 from one down here... Be sure if you look in one to check the integrity of the rear end before you buy... Hairline cracks etc...
Old 07-03-2002 | 09:59 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Need a rear end for my 96Z28

Thanks,
Mine is supposedly cracked near the pinion seal and it is leaking like crazy.
I will check local, but would not mind one shipped to my home or work.
Later,
James