Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

One more question about adjusting my LCA's and Torque arm. I need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One more question about adjusting my LCA's and Torque arm. I need a little help

First off, I adjusted my torque arm the other day to 2.5 degrees.
Now today I adjusted my LCA's by their relocation brackets, before, they were just a tad bit this way -->/, Now, after adjusting them, I put the level up to them and they are just slightly this way \ Here is what the reading on the level showed ( -). If you guys can work with me, you can see that they are just slightly in the opposite direction. I hope that wont kill traction any.
One more thing. Since I adjusted my LCA's will I now have to re-adjust my torque arm?
Thanks in advance and sorry for all the crappy pictures
Old 07-30-2002, 07:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: One more question about adjusting my LCA's and Torque arm. I need a little help

ttt
Old 07-30-2002, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: One more question about adjusting my LCA's and Torque arm. I need a little help

You want the rear of your LCAs to be lower than the front.

You don't need to readjust the TQ after adjusting the LCAs. You're not changing the ride height.

<small>[ July 30, 2002, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Colonel ]</small>
Old 07-30-2002, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks sooo much colonel. I really appreciate that. I didn't think I was going to get a reply on this. That helped me out a lot. I did notice that I was not getting as much traction which is why I asked if I had to re adjust the TA.
Thanks again.