Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Just ordered a 9" rear end from Scott at DLS

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007 | 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by erikthegoalie
2 days? was that taking your sweet *** time? Only reason I ask is because I plan on taking a whole Saturday to install a buddy's 9"....will this be enough time?

Erik
You're installing a buddy's 9" on Saturday

As long as you have all the parts ready, you should be able to finish it in a day
Old 05-07-2007 | 08:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by erikthegoalie
2 days? was that taking your sweet *** time? Only reason I ask is because I plan on taking a whole Saturday to install a buddy's 9"....will this be enough time?

Erik
I spent alot of time repainting the undercarriage, making trips to the autoparts store and the machine shop. Plus I did it without a helper. There are some new holes to drill and routing the brake lines takes time to get just right. I spent half a day searching for the correct ujoint. You know how it is something that should take a day always takes two when it comes to our cars. Also I had to bring the car up and down several times to get the torque arm adjusted properly. Also getting the springs on the perches and getting everything to line up for the LCA bolts and panhard bolt was a PITA.

Last edited by 97ws6pilot; 05-07-2007 at 08:08 PM.