Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Suggestions on rebuilding my 4L65E?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions on rebuilding my 4L65E?

I installed a 12lb. pulley today and started tuning. My transmission starting slipping. I got it torn down and found that the clutchs look good. I am thinking maybe the motor has too much power for the trans and weight of the truck.
I have no accumulator springs and the pressure control soleniod has a half of a turn increase. I was thinking of installing some accumulator springs to control the shift firmness and turning up my pressure with my LS1 Edit. What do you think?
Old 05-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Suggestions on rebuilding my 4L65E?

You bought a 4L65 for the truck or had one built? Just making sure we're not talking about a 4L60.

Anyway, you should pick up the 2/4 servo from the corvette first. This will give you more holding force on the 1-2 and 3-4. Then you should probably get a 7-plate GM 3/4 clutch (or some aftermarket version) if your 4L65 doesn't already have it. If all the springs are out of the accums, you should have some spacers in their place. Really you'd only need to remove the 3/4 accum spring and the OUTER 1/2 accum spring.