Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Where to get a custom driveshaft made?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 04:51 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where to get a custom driveshaft made?

When I get this conversion squared away (M6 to 200R-4) Im going to need a custom driveshaft made and I was wondering what type of material I should go with and where I should get one made? The car will be a daily driver and will be taken to the track every once in a while. I want the driveshaft to be light, strong, and durable. I hear that the carbon fiber ones are all of these, but I also hear that they arent very durable. When I say that, I mean why they get chips or knicks, they get out of balance and start to wear out. These are only words that I quoted, I dont know if theyre true or not, but I figured Id throw it in to see what you guys think. Let me know what you think, thanks a bunch.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Where to get a custom driveshaft made?

I'd give the guys at Denny's a call and tell them what you're after. http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com
Old 06-18-2003, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

You can check with Inland Empirealso.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Denny's Driveshafts
Old 06-20-2003, 01:27 PM
9 Second Club NA

Ive heard of the Denny's one here and there on the tech, how many of you guys are running them? Are they pretty reputable? How are they holding up? Whats the quality on them? What all types of materials are offered as far as what they are made of? Would the carbon fiber driveshaft be out of the picture as far as the street goes? I want it to be strong but is durable and suitable for the street. Thanks
Old 06-20-2003, 03:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes, they're reputable and yes there are quite a few folks using them. Their Nitrous Ready shaft is guaranteed unbreakable or they'll replace it free. Again, I'd give them a call with your specific requirements and they can tell you what you need for your application.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:29 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey if you are looking for some one local call Houston Drivetrain they build custom anything I am not sure about carbon fiber but I know they build them out of aluminum. And also there is Driveline services on the Beltway in Pasadena. They built a custom driveshaft for my last truck project they cam out mesured and built it I didn't even have to leave the shop. Just a though?
Old 06-30-2003, 10:58 AM
9 Second Club NA

Default Need help ASAP! Ordering driveshaft today, which one?

Im gonna have to have a custom driveshaft built for my 200R-4 conversion, but I cant seem to decide on where to get it built. I dont even know all of my options, but if you could, please direct me in the right direction. Im looking for one that will be really strong, durable, lightweight, etc. but wont put a big dent in my wallet. By the way, the 1350 yolks that they offer for strength, is that for the tranny or rear end side or both? Do you have to modify anything on the rear or tranny to run the 1350 yolks? Does it come with the u-joints too? If not, where can I get them at and will they be any different since the yolks are different? Thanks
Old 06-30-2003, 01:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: Need help ASAP! Ordering driveshaft today, which one?

Where to get a custom driveshaft made?

Quick Reply: Where to get a custom driveshaft made?