Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to say I recieved everything today and what an awesome job they did! I ordered mine disassembled and when I went to lift the housing out of the crate I almost threw it over my head, MUCH lighter than I was expecting. Gotta get some new brake lines and backing plates and Ill be good to go. The red and black look sick!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:00 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

RAMPANT Good work on finding that.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:01 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by camaroz28lt1at
Just wanted to say I recieved everything today and what an awesome job they did! I ordered mine disassembled and when I went to lift the housing out of the crate I almost threw it over my head, MUCH lighter than I was expecting. Gotta get some new brake lines and backing plates and Ill be good to go. The red and black look sick!
I'm glad you are happy with it. I like the red and black also.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:17 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

OK I miss understood the shop guys on what they were doing. It isn't that fitting they couldn't find it was that fitting to a -3 to use braided line. Since a ton of people ask about braided line over bending up steel line for convenience and appearance.

Sorry for the confusions, way to many things to try and remember some times.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
Btw the copper nickel line is pricey but so easy to bend and make look good, also nearly as durable as SS.
3/16 steel line is real easy to bend as well, nothing to it. Problem with copper is its a softer metal & not recommended for use in brake systems. It doesnt have the same psi rating that steel line does.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
3/16 steel line is real easy to bend as well, nothing to it. Problem with copper is its a softer metal & not recommended for use in brake systems. It doesnt have the same psi rating that steel line does.

This is not copper tubing, hence the copper nickel comment earlier. It is one of the best brake line materials due to strength and corrosion resistance.

It was originally developed by Volvo, known for unsafe designs.

Used on Porche, Audi and Aston Martin's, also known for poor performing brake systems.

http://www.agscompany.com/automotive...nes/nicopp/353

http://www.agscompany.com/faq

http://www.agscompany.com/faq/11

Last edited by RAMPANT; 11-10-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:54 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Rampant how is the instal going?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
Rampant how is the instal going?
Pretty much done.

I put a little extra effort into the little details. New brake lines, new ebrake boots, reloomed the wiring harness and painted the Strano sway bar and brackets.

All I need to do to finish it is wire tie the wiring harness to the brake lines and I am looking to see how the Kooks true duals will sit over the axle and see what needs to be done to the heat shields. Tried to clean the underside of the car, but it still looks dirty to me. I will take some pics as it is, it wll be easier to see the install with out the exhaust and DS installed.

Also going to modify the current housing vent. I had issues with the Moser diff puking oil in long sustaing right hand turns, it pushed the oil out the vent in the drivers side axle, I would think I will have th same issue with this if I leave it. What I did to fix it was run a hose from it up and towards the passenger side. The oil can not defy gravity or the laws of physics then.

Last edited by RAMPANT; 11-10-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty much done.

I put a little extra effort into the little details. New brake lines, new ebrake boots, reloomed the wiring harness and painted the Strano sway bar and brackets.

All I need to do to finish it is wire tie the wiring harness to the brake lines and I am looking to see how the Kooks true duals will sit over the axle and see what needs to be done to the heat shields. Tried to clean the underside of the car, but it still looks dirty to me. I will take some pics as it is, it wll be easier to see the install with out the exhaust and DS installed.
I removed both heat shields near the axle, I'm not sure that you can keep them. The kooks true duals took some tweaking in order to clear the MWC 9", it hits the dif housing going over bumps.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
I removed both heat shields near the axle, I'm not sure that you can keep them. The kooks true duals took some tweaking in order to clear the MWC 9", it hits the dif housing going over bumps.
I remember your posts how you shortend the mid tubes a little to move the system forward a little. Glad I have that trick in hand right out of the gate.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember your posts how you shortend the mid tubes a little to move the system forward a little. Glad I have that trick in hand right out of the gate.
yup! you got it.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Pretty much done.

Also going to modify the current housing vent. I had issues with the Moser diff puking oil in long sustaing right hand turns, it pushed the oil out the vent in the drivers side axle, I would think I will have th same issue with this if I leave it. What I did to fix it was run a hose from it up and towards the passenger side. The oil can not defy gravity or the laws of physics then.
I get that way also, I have been known for turning a fuse swap into a vehicle rewire in the past.

Last edited by MidwestChassis; 11-10-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

RAMPANT just paint the underside you slacker
Old 11-10-2011, 04:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by djfury05
RAMPANT just paint the underside you slacker
Don't tempt him as it sounds like the idea is rolling around in his head.

To be honest I can't wait to see some pictures of your car. Your sig picture always has me intrigued.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:41 PM
10 Second Club

Don't tempt him as it sounds like the idea is rolling around in his head.

To be honest I can't wait to see some pictures of your car. Your sig picture always has me intrigued.
Hell I can't wait to get home and see the rear end and the other car **** I ordered lol. Bought a new motor and trans too so car will be almost brand new. Going to be around $30,000 waiting in car parts when I return lol..
Old 11-10-2011, 04:55 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by djfury05
Hell I can't wait to get home and see the rear end and the other car **** I ordered lol. Bought a new motor and trans too so car will be almost brand new. Going to be around $30,000 waiting in car parts when I return lol..
Now I want to see even more of what you have going on.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

Now I want to see even more of what you have going on.
Me too.. my wife is being a brat about taking pictures of everything for me.. I told her either take some pics or move all her new damn clothes to the garage with the parts lol.. of course then I may not see the garage floor or my car anymore..
Old 11-10-2011, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

First off me and paint do not get along. My under hood painting project has been the delay of the motor install.

Anyway here are some pics of it installed, told you it was dirty. Sorry all the parts are black so it pretty much soaks up all the light.

All my pics of the my MWC 9" are here.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=6fae0...2846&sc=photos

Last edited by RAMPANT; 11-11-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

It all looks great.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody ever have clearance issues between the console and a pro 5.0 shifter after installing the mwc trans crossmember? After installing my trans crossmember the ring on my shifter is pressed into the bottom of the console. (transmits a little bit of noise..../sarcasm)

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics