Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey eric, what am i looking at for a time line?
Old 03-28-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1BDTRAM
^You gettin' a rearend too MM? lol
Nope but I am

MM already got a moser M9 I believe
Old 03-29-2008, 07:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

actually no m9 for me, i need something custom so eric got the nod. i am playing the waiting game like the rest fo you.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:15 PM
8 Second Club

What kinda setup did you guys order?
I went with

9" with Back brace
Nodular CS
4.10 Richmond
Moser 35 spline
progear bearing
LCA brackets
Drag bar
FULL SPOOL
billet 1350 yoke
strange DS
Wilwoods
Old 03-29-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Yea, so when its broke, it dont cost a dime for it to sit. lol

I wanted to hear "Buy the 9"!" lol. And yeah im paying over $300 a month for it to sit right now! Stupid Missery weather. Whatever, summer's fun. Im just happy someone is doing such a great deal with this AND providing the customer service. Waiting on a quality peice to be made wont bother me one bit. Good luck everyone!
Old 03-30-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Has anyone used this rear end on a lowered car built for handling? Does it interfere with anything when used on a lowered car? I imagine the longer TA only helps handling, and I cannot think of any reason that this setup would handle worse than the stock 10 bolt.

Also, are the gun drilled axles for race only, or can they be used on the street?

I already have a Moser 9" but I am REALLY considering buying one of these, mainly for the weight savings.

Oh and what is the tallest gear you guys would recommend for my setup...
26.5" tall rear tires
4L80e Tranny
Mainly street use, but I want to be able to run road coarses and straight line
Engine will be a minimum of 700 RWHP, with full torque at 2200 and redline at 6500
Either a 3.50 or a 3.00 (I want to be able to hit 200mph on a top speed run).
The math says 3.50 would max the engine and barely hit 200.

Last edited by GrnDragon; 03-30-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
Either a 3.50 or a 3.00 (I want to be able to hit 200mph on a top speed run).
The math says 3.50 would max the engine and barely hit 200.
Richmond makes 3.40 and 3.45 ratios for the 9".

Also, whoever gets the new design housing first needs to post some pics!

Last edited by supernaturalta; 03-31-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Has anyone used this rear end on anything other than straight line?!?!?!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Has anyone used this rear end on anything other than straight line?!?!?!
already been asked... from what i understand it seems as if it would work well for us lowered and road coarse guys, but i won't do it until i see some results from someone else. not to mention, my mechanic advised against the rear because he believes it will not be beneficial over my 12 bolt; especially since he is unfamiliar with it and it is not tried and true. but needless to say, i'm still interested because i hate my 12 bolt and i feel the design and workmanship is supreme. for me the money isn't the issue, because my 12 bolt needs repair and i feel the time is now to ditch it. so i'm still lurking until i get my answers.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by qwikz28
already been asked... from what i understand it seems as if it would work well for us lowered and road coarse guys, but i won't do it until i see some results from someone else. not to mention, my mechanic advised against the rear because he believes it will not be beneficial over my 12 bolt; especially since he is unfamiliar with it and it is not tried and true. but needless to say, i'm still interested because i hate my 12 bolt and i feel the design and workmanship is supreme. for me the money isn't the issue, because my 12 bolt needs repair and i feel the time is now to ditch it. so i'm still lurking until i get my answers.
Thanks, I could have swore I didn't see anything about it in the thread (I've also been lurking since he first posted about it months ago). I've actually had a quote from Eric since the end of October, but just waiting on my Moser stuff to sell and see if anyone has clearance issues on lowered cars, handling upgrade or downgrade, or any other issues. It is a DAMN nice piece and just the weight savings alone is almost enough to get me to pull out the plastic.

So I am also waiting on the same answers you are...
Old 04-01-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks, I could have swore I didn't see anything about it in the thread (I've also been lurking since he first posted about it months ago). I've actually had a quote from Eric since the end of October, but just waiting on my Moser stuff to sell and see if anyone has clearance issues on lowered cars, handling upgrade or downgrade, or any other issues. It is a DAMN nice piece and just the weight savings alone is almost enough to get me to pull out the plastic.

So I am also waiting on the same answers you are...
whats stopping me is i have less than 1k miles on my moser and UMI suspension parts that would all be replaced. so essentially i'll be taking a huge hit on the swap. so before i make such a commitment, i'd like to know that i'm making a logical move
Old 04-01-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by qwikz28
whats stopping me is i have less than 1k miles on my moser and UMI suspension parts that would all be replaced. so essentially i'll be taking a huge hit on the swap. so before i make such a commitment, i'd like to know that i'm making a logical move
That's funny because that is my EXACT situation! My BMR/Moser stuff is about 2.5-3 years old but has only seen about 1000-1500 miles.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

That's funny because that is my EXACT situation! My BMR/Moser stuff is about 2.5-3 years old but has only seen about 1000-1500 miles.
I think alot of us are doing that I bet my setup has less than 500 miles on it. But I'm not happy with the fitment and I have 3 channel ABS. I just never thought it would be this long of a wait to get it. I already sold my Moser setup and don't have anything to put back in while I'm waiting for the Midwest rear.

But if its as perfect as its supposed to be it will be worth the wait I guess.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
I think alot of us are doing that I bet my setup has less than 500 miles on it. But I'm not happy with the fitment and I have 3 channel ABS. I just never thought it would be this long of a wait to get it. I already sold my Moser setup and don't have anything to put back in while I'm waiting for the Midwest rear.

But if its as perfect as its supposed to be it will be worth the wait I guess.
it will be worth the wait.. I was in the same boat as you. I'm sure I had to wait alot longer. I sold my rear and my Z sat for a long time on jack stands.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dragon

The clearance on this was better spohn torque arm. Mine was tunnel mounted. At the place where the torque arm mounts to the rearend there is more room. One thing you have to ask is what is the differance in the diff. I got a truetrack. It is gear driven like the torsen. It is not 9 vs 12 bolt for your question. It should be truetrak vs torsen. Erics housing weighs less than a 12 bolt. Less weight better handling. This is true all the time. I sold my torque arm and cover on tech. I did not get a bad price for it. One thing I have found is if you want to change your setup tech is a great place to sell your old stuff.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by YellowToy/A
Dragon

The clearance on this was better spohn torque arm. Mine was tunnel mounted. At the place where the torque arm mounts to the rearend there is more room. One thing you have to ask is what is the differance in the diff. I got a truetrack. It is gear driven like the torsen. It is not 9 vs 12 bolt for your question. It should be truetrak vs torsen. Erics housing weighs less than a 12 bolt. Less weight better handling. This is true all the time. I sold my torque arm and cover on tech. I did not get a bad price for it. One thing I have found is if you want to change your setup tech is a great place to sell your old stuff.
there is more to worry about than just weight and diff options. we have to know about clearance with lowered cars and sway bar options. IN THEORY, this rear end is God's gift to us high powered and lowered fbodies who want to road race or autocross; or just don't want handling compromised. but i have to know it works before i do it. i'm delaying taking my car out of storage for this.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

i can tell you that the clearance with t/a & rear with the underbody is MUCH better then a moser & regular t/a! the ONLY downside of this setup would be with true duals like the TSP setup. i have fabbed my own up with both pipes on the pass. side. there is a LOT more room in the tunnel on that side, its just the t/a that hangs down on the drivers side. although its over as far as it can be without hitting anything.

i don't see how it could not be better for a lowered car....
Old 04-03-2008, 11:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^ there ya go. a man with experience...

btw... i do have a crossmember for the TSP duals made for use with the tunnel mounted torque arms. for both the stock type arms and my 9 inch setups.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Second Club

Hey EriK, I know mine is still a ways out but can you give me a ball park figure when?

Just trying to get everythign ready so when it gets here, I can install it and drive it for 500 breakin miles over night then hit the track in the morning. :-)
Old 04-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics