Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 11:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DANSBIRD
Dumb question... but I've never gotten LCAs for my car (despite the car being lowered). If I get them now, will they transfer over to the 9" or will the 9" call for a different set of LCAs?
Yep that is not a problem.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
He is using a stock upper mount style. We have not noticed any real binding problems with the stud upper mount. All though we have converted to a clevis/bearing mount for some customers. Really depends on what you are doing with the vehicle.

Yeah I caught that problem before ordering the AFCO rear shocks. I bought the upper mounts from RaceCraft. The upper mounts accepts a 1" wide AFCO bearing.

I do not like the AFCO upper stub mount! Not enough play room and not good for coil-over type setups. Too much stress on the rubber grommets that could cause wear problems.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Hello Midwest Chassis! On the 9" ford housings can I get the adjustable lower shock mounts on the housing part? I like to be able to lower or raise the car up without adjusting the coil-over shocks to get the correct ride height. All coil-over shocks have a ride height range and you need to stay within that range.

Do you have any housing build like that?
Old 07-16-2015, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis2
You have to use the yoke to measure the rear end, like in the other thread using a socket as a spacer to reach to it.

The rest is answered on our pinion angle help page.
Pinion Angle How To

Let me know if I can help you anymore.

Good Pinion Angle Information! I have called you before to ask about that. It is nice to have a LINK for this. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2015, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Does your 9" housing torque arm hit the driveshaft floor tunnel? Will I have to notch the tunnel area out to use the 9" torque arm? I was thinking of getting the 9" housing with trans mount torque arm.

What are your thoughts about the trans mount torque arm?
Old 07-16-2015, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by curtisrp
Does your 9" housing torque arm hit the driveshaft floor tunnel? Will I have to notch the tunnel area out to use the 9" torque arm? I was thinking of getting the 9" housing with trans mount torque arm.

What are your thoughts about the trans mount torque arm?
I run The trans mount TA, all street miles so far and it hasn't hit at all. The TA configuration is one of the major reasons to get this setup IMO.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackandgold
I run The trans mount TA, all street miles so far and it hasn't hit at all. The TA configuration is one of the major reasons to get this setup IMO.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:19 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes we can put the adjustable shock mounts on our rearends that is no problem.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Hey MWC what is the estimated build time on one of your rears these days? Stock length and no crazy options thanks Noah
Old 07-26-2015, 06:31 AM
Teching In

Which adjustable shock mounts?

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
Yes we can put the adjustable shock mounts on our rearends that is no problem.
Hello Midwest Chassis! On the 9" ford housings can I get the adjustable lower shock mounts on the housing part? I like to be able to lower or raise the car up without adjusting the coil-over shocks to get the correct ride height. All coil-over shocks have a ride height range and you need to stay within that range.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sillysspeed
Hey MWC what is the estimated build time on one of your rears these days? Stock length and no crazy options thanks Noah
Depends on if it is assembled completely and powder coating but we could have one out in two days depending upon your situation and budget. Obviously one not powder coated and assembled will go out faster than one assembled and powder coated. Keep in mind if we do not assemble the housing completely all center sections come out completely assembled.

We are working on cutting those times down as well, we are still taking measures to keep up with demand.

Last edited by MidwestChassis2; 07-27-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28-50
Which adjustable shock mounts?

It would be one we built in house for our rear end.

I will have to say though with all the HUNDREDS of rear ends we have never sold adjustable lower shock mounts for rear coil overs and stock location shocks. It adds more of an angle to the shock when you do this and every time you raise and lower the lower shock at the mount you will have to go in and readjust your pinion angle.

You purchase the correct shocks you have a decent working range with in the shocks limits. Our customers have proven time and time again that it isn't needed with the amazing 60' times they have turned at all different ride heights with the coil overs we sell them and a standard transverse mount lower and stud upper.

Last edited by MidwestChassis2; 07-27-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Midwest Chassis fabricated 9-inch rearend packages are designed to work on street cars with off-road Y-pipe full exhaust, duals, and even hard-core drag cars. Our true fabricated triangulated housing incorporates technology that allows for a much stronger design than the stock stamped style housings or even other manufacturers fabricated rears without adding extra weight. All components are laser cut using all USA steel components. We offer one-off custom features as well.

SPECS:
CAD Design Components
Laser Cut
CNC folds
DOM Seamless tubing
Billet Housing Ends
Fully gusseted design (Internal bulkhead gussets and axle tube go all the way to the carrier studs, fully welded around axle tube, face plate, and housing backside)
Widest housing design (Increased strength with or without brace. 4-5" of axle tube is welded to the faceplate)
First company to offer 3-channel ABS on aftermarket 9-inch rearends
Rearend assemblies include chromoly adjustable torque arm - tunnel or transmission crossmemeber mount (Torque arm uses aircraft grade, Chromoly, Teflon lined heim joint at the front to allow suspension articulation without binding).
Transmission crossmember mounted version available for all transmission combos
Tunnel mount crossmembers are available for cat-back or true duals & include the driveshaft loop at no charge
Our torque arm is mounted to the crossmember with a 5-hole height adjustable pivot link
Street version pivot link is mounted to the crossmember with a Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing to eliminate noise
All bracketry retains stock mounting locations and geometry

The following features are included at NO additional charge:
Any available width
5 position adjustable relocator style lower control arm brackets
drain plug
stock style mounted anti-sway bar brackets installed
brake hose brackets installed
1998-2002 rearend models include e-brake cable bracket installed
brake line clips welded on
chassis brake hose adapter included
housing vent
grade 8 hardware included for all brackets - no other manufacturers do this
ARP housing studs

The following features are available for an additional charge:
Any type center section available (Nodular iron or Aluminum from Strange, Yukon, or Moser)
Narrowed lower control arm brackets available
Tapered housing backbrace installation
Drag Race anti-roll bar available (rearend housing/chassis mounted)
Industrial grade powdercoating available
Wheelie bar mounts
Transverse shock mounts
Tow Loops
Additional Remote Filler Cap
Call with any other custom needs not listed

BASE PACKAGE INCLUDES: Fabricated housing with all the standard features; 31 or 35 spline axles with standard or metric studs & tapered street bearings. Complete assembled center section with nodular iron case, billet aluminum Daytona style pinion support, lightened spool, and choice of street gear. Package also includes exclusive MWC chromoly double adjustable torque arm with crossmember for your application. Use your existing brakes. Fabricated rearend package comes unpainted.

Last edited by MidwestChassis2; 10-16-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

We are now starting to sell through our Ebay store. Please check us out at midwest_chassis, but please keep in mind not all items are listed yet but we will be listing more and more as time goes by.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Be sure to check out some of our sales.

Unbeatable prices on LCA,PHB, & K-Member
Old 10-20-2015, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a list of the options and pricing so you can get a better grasp of what is available and the approximate costs.

Lots of options on these rear ends... Price will depend on how you outfit the package. Look through this list and pick out the things that you want and we will go from there. We suggest the use of a back brace at 550-600rwhp, or if you think you'll ever get there because we can't add a brace later. It has to be done while the housing is on the fixture to do it correctly. We also suggest a good driveshaft as well, the stock one will work with a conversion u-joint, but ends up a bit short and is too weak for any hard launches, especially w/ a m6 car.

For the rearend package here's the current pricing schedule:

Base package includes housing(any width), Strange nodular(rated 600hp) center section with spool and choice of gear ratio(Motive Performance), 31-35 spline Strange axles w/ street bearings and 2" 12mm metric or 1/2" SAE studs, and chromoly double adjustable torque arm with crossmember for your application. All necessary hardware is included as well. The base package is $2999 shipped to the lower 48 states (far corner states may incur a slight surcharge due to shipping costs). Residential deliveries of complete assembled rearends will require a liftgate service and will need to be quoted for that at the time of order. If an order is cancelled the $500 deposit is non-refundable, and remaining refund balance is subject to credit card processing fees.

OPTIONS:

Housing backbrace +150.00
Additional Meziere rear side filler cap installed +40.00
Tow loops welded to rear of housing +50.00
Transverse Shock Mounts +30.00
Completely assembled rearend ready to bolt-in +150.00 (will need
to be supplied with your brake caliper mounts or new ones)
Black powder coating +150.00
Additional colors +25.00

3 channel abs (any center section/diff unit) +185.00
4 channel abs axle mod +110.00
New 4 ch. abs rings(if needed) +100.00

Billet clutch type posi(rebuildable) +275.00
Truetrac differential unit +375.00
35 spl Strange S-Trac diff unit +800.00
31 or 35 spl Wavetrac diff unit +800.00
31 or 35 spl locker +400.00
3.00 or 3.25 gear(Motive) +25.00
Richmond gears available - please call for details and available ratios
US Gear - only US made gear available and highest quality - all ratios +75.00
Strange lightweight alum center, alum support, forged yoke +250.00
Yukon thru-bolt alum center, pro alum support, forged yoke +350.00
Yukon Extra HD Nodular Iron, 750HP +125.00
Strange Pro Nodular iron case, 1000HP +175.00
Strange HD Pro Thru-bolt with exclusive pinion support +400.00
Strange Ultra Case & C/M Yoke Upgrade +650.00(track only, 1200hp+, 35 or 40 spl Pro axles)
Forged alum support and forged yoke (iron cases) +100.00
Forged alum support and Chromoly yoke +125.00

Strange 93-97 disc caliper mounts +195.00
New GM caliper mounts and backing plates +400.00 (while available)
Strange sportsman brake kit +450.00 shipped
Strange Pro Race brake kit +560.00 shipped

MWC tubular chromoly anti-roll bar +350.00
MWC tubular chromoly full bolt-on anti-roll bar +375.00
MWC chromoly adjustable lca's +185.00
MWC chromoly adjustable phb + 115.00
MWC tunnel form-fitting d/s loop for long arm +80.00
MWC watts link +525.00
Subframe Connectors +140.00

Magnetic angle finder for setting up pinion angle 10.00

*we can do the 3ch abs w/ aluminum case (or any case for that matter!)...

*** We strongly suggest a performance driveshaft with this or any aftermarket rearend. The stock shafts are failure prone and will become the weak link in the driveline. The cost of repairs incurred from a failed driveshaft will far overcome the invesment of the correct shaft for your application. MWC proudly offers performance driveshafts from Strange and PST.

The true fabricated rearend housing features components such as a drain plug, 5 hole relocator style lca brackets, stock style anti-sway bar mounts, brake line clips, and chassis brake hose mounting bracket. 98-02 applications also include brake hose mounts and e-brake cable brackets. These features are all standard equipment at no extra charge. Other manufacturers don't even offer some of these items that make it a true bolt-in.

The chromoly double adjustable torque arm is included with the package and is exclusive to this housing. Short (tunnel mounted) and long (trans crossmember mounted) versions available. Both are the same cost, the short arm crossmembers come with a driveshaft loop installed (available with dual exhaust), the long arm comes with a new trans crossmember, but no loop. We do have a tunnel form-fitting driveshaft loop available for the long arms or any other configuration. It is profiled to the floor pan and does not interfere with exhaust or ground clearance.

The base package rearend with the aluminum center section upgrade will weigh about the same as the stock 10 bolt. The nodular case is only 15 pounds heavier. Due to the design and construction, the chromoly adjustable torque arm is some of the lightest and strongest on the market, and weighs less than just the adapter bracket itself on a standard Moser 9". The complete rearend with the aluminum case upgrade and a spool would actually be lighter than the stock 10 bolt.

Feel free to call with any questions you may have. (309)382-6252

Last edited by MidwestChassis2; 10-20-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Might want to revisit the pricing on the travel limiters in the Ebay store:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-We...wAAOSwT6pV331n
Old 10-20-2015, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Only ERO's
Might want to revisit the pricing on the travel limiters in the Ebay store:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-We...wAAOSwT6pV331n
Tad out of my price range
Old 10-20-2015, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

It is priced that way because it is currently out of stock. This way we don't lose all the customers that are currently watching the item.(eBay selling trick) I wish Ebay stores had some better options for certain ways of doing things but you just have to figure ways around it at times. Price will be back to normal by the end of the week.

If a customer called to order I could explain that shipping would be two to three extra days which is hard to explain through the eBay store and positive feedback is very important to us. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention because it means customers are looking at the eBay store.

Zmg00camaross you get charged double on everything anyway.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis2
It is priced that way because it is currently out of stock. This way we don't lose all the customers that are currently watching the item.(eBay selling trick) I wish Ebay stores had some better options for certain ways of doing things but you just have to figure ways around it at times. Price will be back to normal by the end of the week.

If a customer called to order I could explain that shipping would be two to three extra days which is hard to explain through the eBay store and positive feedback is very important to us. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention because it means customers are looking at the eBay store.

Zmg00camaross you get charged double on everything anyway.
That is good to hear. Should help simplify things if it takes off.

It is a pretty sweet SOM Trans Am on there for the 98-02 Trans Am front bumper support with Fog Light provisions.

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics