Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wife just informed me that the credit card has been charged as of friday so I will be on the phone tomorrow to see where my housing is.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eric how do you plan on resolving the issue with my rear? i waited over 2 months for you to fabricate it and now i feel i'm never going to get it thank to fedex.
i will be on the phone with them tomorrow.
you know my situation with being laid off and my car being at work now i have to get it towed home and have to do the job on the ground because my work wont give me premission because of insurance reasons.
if the rear is damaged or if it cannot be recovered are you going to have another rear being build in the process so that way i dont have to wait another 2 months?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATLSS
Well, let me close the door for you...

I'll create an entire thread with pictures and my "after the sale" experience... needless to say it was negative....

If I had it all to do over again I would have gone with the Moser M9, no question....

Eric's motive is to sell.... that's it.... if you have any issue (which you will) after the sale his help is nill.... and he will pawn you off on each vendor that provided parts for the rearend....

I finally worked through all of my issues after a few MONTHS.... so I'm good now (but still have an ABS issue which Eric refused to help fix)... but it was painful to say the least. Midwest will NOT be my choice on the next build by any means....

Moser M9 will be my next rearend.
Sorry too hear of your issues, however I feel the opposite of you. All the components I received from Eric are of high quality and absolutely no issues with the install/functionality/appearance of the components/rearend. Eric has always been quick to answer any and all questions and helped me out in a pinch with my old DS problem.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again and have recommended him to others around my area. I hope you can get things worked out.

P.S. Good luck with Moser if you have problems......no horror stories with them either.....wrong.

Last edited by SS1875; 11-03-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLP Firehawk
eric how do you plan on resolving the issue with my rear? i waited over 2 months for you to fabricate it and now i feel i'm never going to get it thank to fedex.
you know my situation with being laid off and my car being at work now i have to get it towed home and have to do the job on the ground because my work wont give me premission because of insurance reasons.
if the rear is damaged or if it cannot be recovered are you going to have another rear being build in the process so that way i dont have to wait another 2 months?
Doesn't FedEx have some way of tracking unlabeled shipments?? I would think someone would call and say something to the affect of .... We received a crate delivery that is not ours and have it picked up by FedEx, sounds to simple I guess. I hope something works out for you very soon.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:41 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i will get you taken care of one way or another. FedEx will have to step up on this one for sure because it is 100% their fault. i do not believe the contents will be damaged as we have had very little issues with the ground service, and we are careful about packaging. if FedEx has no way of recovering the crate for you and they step up to cover the insured value, then we will have you another setup out the door within a few days. we are down to only a couple housings and torque arms on backorder so quick shipping should be no problem anymore.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll create an entire thread with pictures and my "after the sale" experience... needless to say it was negative....

If I had it all to do over again I would have gone with the Moser M9, no question....

Eric's motive is to sell.... that's it.... if you have any issue (which you will) after the sale his help is nill.... and he will pawn you off on each vendor that provided parts for the rearend....

I finally worked through all of my issues after a few MONTHS.... so I'm good now (but still have an ABS issue which Eric refused to help fix)... but it was painful to say the least. Midwest will NOT be my choice on the next build by any means....

sorry about your feelings, but after 3 or more phone calls a day for 2 weeks about noises that come and go, and a axle bearing that i dont have any control over fails, and a abs light that i asked you to have scan checked for diagnosis to help you fix...over the telephone, this was a little overwhelming to say the least. if i had to do this for everyone then no one would ever get a rearend! one thing i can not do for you is come to your location and babysit your installation to make sure everything is installed properly, the gear oil level is correct, and the abs harness is not damaged during the swap, or you did the proper gear break-in procedure that i preech before you drove it home at interstate speeds from the install shop.
you have a 4 channel abs car that has GM brakes, GM sensors, factory axle dimensions. the only thing in this not GM is the reluctor wheels that are on the axles, which Moser manufactures as a replacement. there should be no problems with any of this so i asked you have it diagnosed to find a possible area to look at and i never got a reply from you about this. so how did i refuse to fix the abs problem? is it even still there? wtf?
it took a minute, but i did refund you money for the axle bearing and labor that you had replaced. out of all the rearends sold, i have never had a tapered street bearing fail until yours. why did it fail? i still wonder about this, but i cant control the break-in procedure you do. maybe just bad luck... who knows.
in the end its all good i hope. i'm sorry about the bad experience, or bad luck maybe, but i did not push you off as another has stated. i have never pushed off any of my customers or bad after sale service... and i never will.
i am a small shop and cannot afford to get a bad rap about my work or products. there are always issues with suppliers and things that come up in this business... things i have no control over. the things i do have control over is the finished product. while i can never please everyone, the 99 percent that are speaks for itself.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:24 AM
11 Second Club

Eric i will be placing an order by probably the end of next week. How late can i call the shop to do so?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS1875
Doesn't FedEx have some way of tracking unlabeled shipments?? I would think someone would call and say something to the affect of .... We received a crate delivery that is not ours and have it picked up by FedEx, sounds to simple I guess. I hope something works out for you very soon.
you would think that they would have a way of doing so however i've been on the phone with them everyday and they cannot find my package. i'm not sure how you loose a package that big and that heavy
Old 11-03-2008, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tacklebox
Eric i will be placing an order by probably the end of next week. How late can i call the shop to do so?

I bet Eric is there 24/7. I have called on Saturday and on a Sunday before and he always picked up the phone.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
I bet Eric is there 24/7. I have called on Saturday and on a Sunday before and he always picked up the phone.
thats because its his cell phone number
Old 11-03-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

eric good news they found my rear in harrisburg i geuss it was sitting there all week. it will be here tomrrow. are there any instructions about torque for the bolts or how many quarts of gear oil it takes?
Old 11-03-2008, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

you would think that they would have a way of doing so however i've been on the phone with them everyday and they cannot find my package. i'm not sure how you loose a package that big and that heavy
If I were you, I would tell them enough is enough..they have had plenty of time to track down a 6ft crate wooden crate. Time for them to pay the insurance claim so that you can make arrangements for a new rearend.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:18 PM
11 Second Club

eric good news they found my rear in harrisburg i geuss it was sitting there all week. it will be here tomrrow. are there any instructions about torque for the bolts or how many quarts of gear oil it takes?
Exactly! Tell them to find your **** or you want it replaced.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

That is great news. Let us know how it all unfolds tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:24 PM
9 Second Club

It takes almost 4 quarts of oil. Go with cheap stuff for break in. What bolts are you wondering about torque specs. I think there pretty much all as tight as you can make them.

Chris
Old 11-03-2008, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssvert99
sorry about your feelings, but after 3 or more phone calls a day for 2 weeks about noises that come and go, and a axle bearing that i dont have any control over fails, and a abs light that i asked you to have scan checked for diagnosis to help you fix...over the telephone, this was a little overwhelming to say the least. if i had to do this for everyone then no one would ever get a rearend! one thing i can not do for you is come to your location and babysit your installation to make sure everything is installed properly, the gear oil level is correct, and the abs harness is not damaged during the swap, or you did the proper gear break-in procedure that i preech before you drove it home at interstate speeds from the install shop.
you have a 4 channel abs car that has GM brakes, GM sensors, factory axle dimensions. the only thing in this not GM is the reluctor wheels that are on the axles, which Moser manufactures as a replacement. there should be no problems with any of this so i asked you have it diagnosed to find a possible area to look at and i never got a reply from you about this. so how did i refuse to fix the abs problem? is it even still there? wtf?
it took a minute, but i did refund you money for the axle bearing and labor that you had replaced. out of all the rearends sold, i have never had a tapered street bearing fail until yours. why did it fail? i still wonder about this, but i cant control the break-in procedure you do. maybe just bad luck... who knows.
in the end its all good i hope. i'm sorry about the bad experience, or bad luck maybe, but i did not push you off as another has stated. i have never pushed off any of my customers or bad after sale service... and i never will.
i am a small shop and cannot afford to get a bad rap about my work or products. there are always issues with suppliers and things that come up in this business... things i have no control over. the things i do have control over is the finished product. while i can never please everyone, the 99 percent that are speaks for itself.

Eric,

You pawned me off on Moser when the axle bearing failed. You know why it failed - due to a clogged vent and pressure/heat, fluid was everywhere!

And as far as noise, the rearend made an incredible amount of noise at first.... that later went away after about 300 miles...? And as far as your LCA and panhard, I've since changed them out for BMR and the incredible amount of chassis noise is gone! You and I even discussed the fact that you need a poly option for the street cars, and you agreed....

I broke the rearend in just like you said, so there shouldn't have been any issue with a few hundred mile highway trip right?

When I asked you why not just fabricate housings instead of complete rearends (since you pawn your customers off on YOUR vendors if there is a problem) you said "I'm working towards that."

If you can't handle all customers no matter what problems they have (since you continue to cry you're a one man show) then STOP SELLING REARENDS!

You took MONTHS to help me resolve my issue(s). And the ABS remains screwed up although the harness and sensors is fine. I tend to think that there is something wrong with the fabrication/parts that is causing my loss of ABS.

And if you're small, that's your problem. You stepped into BIG shoes once you started selling rearends to EVERYONE that would buy... If you won't/can't hire good help, that's your problem.

Bottom line is, my experience was horrible. And I was VERY patient with you for MONTHS. I'm so glad that my car was not a daily driver as I would have been screwed.

I'll have more later for others to view, pictures and descriptions of my entire experience.

Good luck!

Last edited by ATLSS; 11-03-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

Hows my parts list look????? what should I add/ delete?

My car is just a weekend warrior, Gonna be mid 11 second street/strip full weight beater.

31 or 35 spline axles?
4 channel rear with Abs
4ch. abs rings. (can I press mine off and send to you? or is it a waste of my time?)

true trac (detroit locker if possible and suggested?)

Strange Aluminum center,Alum. support, Billet yoke
Gm mounts and backing plates (again is it feasible for me to yank mine and send them to you?)
4.11 gear ratio
3" Chromoly driveshaft
Red powder coating
put together and ready to bolt in.

Last edited by ski23; 11-03-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ski23
Hows my parts list look????? what should I add/ delete?

My car is just a weekend warrior, Gonna be mid 11 second street/strip full weight beater.

31 (33 if possible) spline axles
4 channel rear with Abs
4ch. abs rings. (can I press mine off and send to you? or is it a waste of my time?)

true trac (detroit locker if possible and suggested?)

Strange Aluminum center,Alum. support, Billet yoke
Gm mounts and backing plates (again is it feasible for me to yank mine and send them to you?)
4.11 gear ratio
3" Chromoly driveshaft
Red powder coating
put together and ready to bolt in.

I like it, my only suggestion would be the 33 spline. I would either go to 35 or just stick with the 31. I believe Eric has those in his own car. 33 always seemed like an oddball spline count that isn't very popular. JMO
Old 11-03-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am going to defend Eric on his customer support. I had one of the very early rear ends when he started mass producing them and I ran into several bugs. Eric bent over back wards and them some to get my issues resolved and never passed blame. I gave him precise details of the issues and followed his guidelines to the letter and things were resolved.

Eric has picked up the phone every time I called. He has answered every PM I have sent. The only thing I will fault him for is delivery time but that is to be expected when your a near one man show and demand is high. The products are top notch quality and a terrific value.

The statement above that Eric's motive is to sell is either legitimate or BS depending on your perspective. Why in the **** would ones motive be not to sell. Clearly this is a case of not every customer experience is going to be positive. Anybody in business will agree to this.

Eric's feedback has been better than 95% positive from reading the threads relating to his product. Anybody who has an issue has been able to work it out. You are the first I have seen that has just said **** it and decided to start flaming. I am confident I had more problems than you but I saw it through to the end without pissing people off and burning bridges. Not too smart on a multi thousand dollar investment.

Please just sell your Midwest rear end now and call it a day and order your Moser M9 from EPP. God knows there are plenty of vendors overly whoring their product and tainting this particular board with free drain plugs this month, thanks for the order and blah blah blah when the board should be used for technical information anyway. After all, EPP surely to God does not have a motive to sell rear ends similar to your claim against Eric. Funny pun there huh? Surely EPP has never had a similar bad experience from a customer like you.

Feel free to rip Eric, there will be plenty in line to defend his product. For the record, I am not bashng EPP on their product or support after the sell. Everyone will clearly agree that they have the real motive to sell as stated by ATLSS.

Last edited by wrd1972; 11-05-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by wrd1972
I am going to defend Eric on his customer support. I had one of the very early rear ends when he started mass producing them and I ran into several bugs. Eric bent over back wards and them some to get my issues resolved and never passed blame. I gave him precise details of the issues and followed his guidelines to the letter and hings were resolved.

Eric has picked up the phone every time I called. He has answered every PM I have sent. The only thing I will fault him for is delivery time but that is to be expected when your a near one man show and demand is high. The products are top notch quality and a terrific value.

The statement above that Eric's motive is to sell is either legitimate or BS depending on your perspective. Why in the **** would ones motive be not to sell. Clearly this is a case of not every customer experience is going to be positive. Anybody in business will agree to this.

Eric's feedback has been better than 95% positive from reading the threads relating to his product. Anybody who has an issue has been able to work it out. You are the first I have seen that has just said **** it and decided to start flaming. I am confident I had more problems than you but I saw it through to the end without pissing people off and burning bridges. Not too smart on a multi thousand dollar investment.

Please just sell your Midwest rear end now and call it a day and order your Moser M9 from EPP. God knows there are plenty of vendors overly whoring their product and tainting this particular board with free drain plugs this month, thanks for the order and blah blah blah when the board should be used for technical information anyway. After all, EPP surely to God does not have a motive to sell rear ends similar to your claim against Eric. Funny pun there huh? Surely EPP has never had a similar bad experience from a customer like you.

Feel free to rip Eric, there will be plenty in line to defend his product.
Have to agree with you here. I am nothing but happy with my rear end and the whole experience. The only dowside was i waited 1 month longer then told, but definatly worth the wait. The few questions i had he answer. Hes also answered all my pm's and phone calls.

Just want to make it clear to any people still considering purchasing, to read this thread. There have been 2 people that i know off that weren't 100% happy. One of those people i would say is happy for the most part now. That leaves just one unhappy customer that i know of.

Seems like hes doing way better then moser, or strange.

Chris

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics