Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Unbelieveable tranny service

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Unbelieveable tranny service

Well tonight I crawled under my car to check things out before track day, and also to re-install my skip-shift eliminator. As I was under the car under the tranny, I noticed two of the bolts that hold the tranny to the bellhousing are loose. So I reach up to fell just how loose and one bolt is on maybe 2 threads and the other is on maybe 5 threads. Now I'm sure every one sees the problem here, but what really ticks me off is that my transmission was just serviced at Carl Black in Kenessaw. I had synchros replaced under warranty and look what I get back. I actually had to just lay under the car for a few minutes and just stare at it I was so dumbfounded.

Basically this is just a heads up to everyone about the service up there. I can tell you I will never be going back.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Unbelieveable tranny service

That sucks man. I bought my car up there and talked to some of the people who worked on the Blackbirds and everyone there seemed really cool. I was planning on hauling my car up there if (God forbid) I ever needed any warranty work done.