Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

where to buy limited slip clutches for 10 bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008 | 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Default where to buy limited slip clutches for 10 bolt?

Ok, I was changing my rear end fluid today & found a few pieces of metal stuck to the magnet. The piece looks like its some kind of retainer for the limited slip clutches, I can see where one is missing & a few plates are not lined up good. It looks like I can just replace the plates & retainer clips. Who sells parts like this? I called the dealer, gave them the VIN & they dont show the car having a posi or any parts for it. I got a build sheet & it does show it came with a posi. Or the only way to get these is buy a carrier?
Old 09-02-2008 | 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you did not buy a SLp upgrade to the posi, then you have the OEM torsen. There are no clutches or plates, its a worm gear drive. if it fails the entire thing is replaced.
If you spent for the SLP upgrade you got a auburn. You have cone clutches and if it fails you have to replace the entire thing.
So you are screwed either way.
Old 09-05-2008 | 04:26 PM
Teching In

Have you done any work to the rear since buying the car? There might be an Eaton Posi in there that has carbon clutches...