Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

bent axles what are the symptoms????

Old 09-03-2003, 08:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default bent axles what are the symptoms????

ok guys what are the symptoms of bent axles???

a rear whine?
a vibration???

im curious

thanks rob
Old 09-03-2003, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: bent axles what are the symptoms????

Mine are bent so I would know hehe. Symptoms are different depending on how bent they are. Mine are minorly bent. On every rotation of the wheel, there is a squeak. This is from the brake pad rubbing the rotor. At freeway speeds, there is a vibration that shakes the whole car. I look over and the passenger seat it shaking. Also, when an axle bends, it usually takes the wheel bearing with it. I was lucky though. Also, you might be able to see some wobble from the outside. I can't see it on mine, but can be measured. I ordered new axles which should be here in two weeks ago, stupid FedEX can't ship things to the right place! Hopefully be here tomarrow anyhow.

As for the squeaking, I just put some high temp oil on the rotor surface as a temporary solution. Oh, and after driving, the rotor thats on the bent axle is noticibly hotter than the other, from the rubbing
Old 09-03-2003, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: bent axles what are the symptoms????

a minor bend you get squeaking mostly from brakes..... a friend of mine in a bone stock a4 ss bent his...granted he races 2 times a week at the track every week and it made a bad squeaking noise. a more severe bend will result in a bad vibration.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bent axles what are the symptoms????