Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Trying to blow up my 10 bolt. (Yeah, trying..)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supernaturalta
You're kidding right?

If anything, I feel sorry for him.....

Yeah, everyone knows the 10 bolt is a piece of glass - behind an LT1/LS1. Put it behind most V6s and it becomes fairly reliable. If a guy can be mature about it and not beat the hell out of their car, they can keep a 10 bolt intact until they can afford to replace it with something stouter. In turn, that old 10 bolt that might already have 3.73/4.10 gears in it would be a really nice cheap upgrade for someone with a V6 and a one-legger differential.
too bad 3.73s and 4.10s never came stock in the lt/ls cars? The only way the rear would be worth anything is if it had 3.42s and a zexel-torsen and it was in decent condition (unlike his). even then... 250-300 tops, assuming a local performance minded v6 owner is willing to buy it off you.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by giiventofly
too bad 3.73s and 4.10s never came stock in the lt/ls cars? The only way the rear would be worth anything is if it had 3.42s and a zexel-torsen and it was in decent condition (unlike his). even then... 250-300 tops, assuming a local performance minded v6 owner is willing to buy it off you.
yeah though thats still 2 or three hundred more than he wouldve had. thats exactly my plan, if i get a 9" and my 10 bolt still works is to sell it,

you couldve easily sold that thing to someone who had a ten bolt break on them and didnt have a way to get the money for a 9". even if you asked $100 someone would have taken it,

but at least youve got some of that noise sorted out now, just hope no one sees this thread if you sell it
Old 10-19-2008, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just borrow some slicks, do a burnout at the track, and do some redline launches. $100 says it won't last more than 3 runs.

Quick Reply: Trying to blow up my 10 bolt. (Yeah, trying..)