Sponsored by:

2010 camaro review

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 427C5
Oh junior.
That's just my luxury sedan/taxi cab for dealing with clients and the snow.
I have MULTIPLE toys that I'm not gonna list on here.

I was running 9's in my daily driver in the mid 1990's, so go run along now.
I think you've got some "weight deletion" to do to your dark, fat girl.
I happen to like a big ***, as long as she can still move in all the right directions and she does that very well. Did you get smacked upside the head by a 5th gen. at some point this summer and you're voicing your frustrations here? So run along now, your short dick syndrome is showing through your shorts.

Last edited by Dark SS; 07-29-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ss1129
Did you just quote yourself?
How else will he find some one to agree with
Old 07-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you can't refute anything I post, or defend the new Camaro built on a heavy sedan chassis, all you have left is to make WEAK attempts at attacking me personally.

I'm pretty embarrassed for you guys.
You didn't refute anything I've posted worth a damn. I'm pretty embarrassed for you.

(see what I did there? )

Quit crying about how you won't believe that a heavier yet more powerful Camaro can perform on par with a stock m6 c5 in a straight line and around a circuit. Sure, it may be easier to drive faster in the Corvette, but that isn't what this is about. The Camaro is heavy and doesn't have the potential that a car 10's of thousands of dollars more (new prices) has; it still performs ******' great for what it is. Let it be and shut the **** up.

Last edited by Chadder; 07-29-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thank You.
I might come off as a real ***** online.
But, I'd like to believe I'm just a normal car guy in real life.

Wait......
Are you implying I'm a ricer????
I waited for the Caddy CTS4 (AWD) for a LONG time hoping it would come with a LSx engine.
The ONLY reason I bought my FIRST import was because the Infinit drove a LOT better than the CTS after driving them back to back. The Infniti ran a 13.9 for Christ's sake. The DI 3.6 CTS wan't even close and the Infinit weights only 3,700lbs.

It still breaks my heart that GM didn't do a LS3 CTS4.
Even now, I feel like a traitor and I am afraid of complicated and expensive repairs.
I PROMISE that if GM releases a CTS4 with a LSx engine I will trade the Infiniti and remove any rice from my garage.

Frankly, I believe a CTS4 with AWD and a LSX engine would be a nice compromise between a Camaro and a CTS-V. It would also replace the G8 for those looking for a LSx sedan.
A LSx in a NON-V CTS would sure kill my Camaro hate.
as an ex-nissan owner i can tell you two things.
1) quick and g35 arent words i would put together
2) you bought a car based on a platform shared by a suv, a sedan and a coupe ( if my memory of the FM platform serves me correctly), so how do you knock the camaro when you car is just a sedan version of a g35 coupe?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
as an ex-nissan owner i can tell you two things.
1) quick and g35 arent words i would put together
2) you bought a car based on a platform shared by a suv, a sedan and a coupe ( if my memory of the FM platform serves me correctly), so how do you knock the camaro when you car is just a sedan version of a g35 coupe?
Good points.
I agree.

The new 08+ G35/G37 is "quick" for an all wheel drive sedan that comfortably seats 4 adults and still only weighs 3,700lbs.
Do yourself a favor and go DRIVE the new G37 sedan.
You have to drive it, or see it run mid-high 13's at the track, to believe it. I did.
The completely redesigned engines and body (08+) really made a big difference in performance.

I feel the same way about the G coupes that I do about the Camaro. It's stupid to buy a coupe built on a sedan chassis because you get stuck with sedan curb weight without sedan utility.
I don't have a problem with my G sedan because it's a sedan chassis with all the benefits of a sedan. (4 doors, big back seat, decent trunk, AND all wheel drive.)

If GM drops a LSx engine in the AWD CTS, I will dump the Infinit in a second.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Resident

The car is not heavy because it's built on a sedan chassis, it's heavy because of crash regulations. Every pony car out there is basically the same weight, except for the Challenger it's even a fatter pig. All of the cars the Camaro was meant to compete with are in the same weight class or heavier. DEAL WITH IT.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

GM Zeta platform Manufacturer General Motors
Also called Global RWD Architecture
Production 2006–present
Predecessor GM V platform (RWD)
Class Full-size
Body style(s)
2-door coupe
2-door convertible
2-door coupé utility
4-door sedan
5-door Station wagon
Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jamnut
The car is not heavy because it's built on a sedan chassis, it's heavy because of crash regulations.
Wrong.
Again.
The Camaro is heavy because it IS built on a SEDAN CHASSIS.
Crash regulations?
Every heard of a C6 or a Miata?

Originally Posted by jamnut
Every pony car out there is basically the same weight, except for the Challenger it's even a fatter pig.
Even the Rustang is significantly lighter.
BOTH the Camaro and the Challenger are built on a SEDAN CHASSIS. That's why they both are much heavier.

Camaro is built on the Zeta chassis.
Zeta is a SEDAN CHASSIS.

Can't you boneheads accept reality?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DRGnFLYZ28
GM Zeta platform Manufacturer General Motors
Also called Global RWD Architecture
Production 2006–present
Predecessor GM V platform (RWD)
Class Full-size
Body style(s)
2-door coupe
2-door convertible
2-door coupé utility
4-door sedan
5-door Station wagon
Agreed.

Now tell me, can you build a sedan or station wagon off of a Corvette, F-body, or Miata platform ?????

No, you can't.
Because the Corvette, F-body, and Miata all used a PURPOSE BUILT COUPE CHASSIS.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Wrong.
Again.
The Camaro is heavy because it IS built on a SEDAN CHASSIS.
Crash regulations?
Every heard of a C6 or a Miata?

Even the Rustang is significantly lighter.
BOTH the Camaro and the Challenger are built on a SEDAN CHASSIS. That's why they both are much heavier.

Zeta is a SEDAN CHASSIS.

I know Ive told you this time and again. The Camaro already meets 2012 safety standards. The mustang does not. The mustang will get heavier by then to meet the standards. The Camaro wont. Now we are going to compare a miata to a Camaro? Maybe we should compare the Camaro to an Enzo. I mean if you want a sports car why **** with a vette. I want power to weight and handling...unless all I talk about is power to weight and find out the Camaro has a better power to weight ratio.

And again you have been shown that the zeta platform is a rwd platform. One that is designed to accomodate many different vehicles. Could you build a sedan on a vette chassis. Yes if you stretched it out a bit here and there. Kind of like building the Camaro on the zeta platform (which was known for years they were going to do this) its adjustable to the companies liking.

Off topic, but you never said **** abou the Corvette being beat by a turbo Cobalt SS at the Nurburgring. Maybe FWD is where its at? That car is lighter than the vette and better for "utility" and is built on a sedan chassis LOL. Your such a toolbag, the fun of typing is starting to wear off.

Look man. The be all end all is your a douche bag and you get your kicks trying to hate on peoples **** for some unknown reason. All I can say is that I hope you are not such a jerk off in real life. I can see one of your buddies getting a Camaro and you ragging on him non stop about how its a fat pig, or if something breaks its because its too heavy...ect...ect.

Grow the **** up and let people make their own decisions. Your the type of person that makes vette drivers look like a complete ******* tool by telling everyone how much better your car is than theirs and their decision was stupid, eventhough you have no idea why they bought said car....not that it matters in the first place.

**** 40% of your posts are now anti-camaro. Yet you come here for technical discussion about the g8...when there is a g8 section.

Seriously you have to be a ******* 14 yr old kid that bases everything off of Forza Motorsport, either that or you truely are just a dumb ******* douche that doesnt know that when he walks away from a group of people that they are all talking **** about him. Maybe thats why you need a vette and a "9 second bike" and a **** *** g35. Maybe thats all you have because nobody wants to hang out with you.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B8iJwJm5IZQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B8iJwJm5IZQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Old 07-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wrong.

Zeta is a SEDAN CHASSIS.

Can't you accept that ZETA platform means RWD not sedan.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys, stop arguing with him. He's positive his view is the right view, regardless of anything else. Besides, when he says something like this:

When he can't even accept the fact that the Zeta platform isn't a sedan platform specifically but a general RWD car platform, he's a lost cause.

I think he described himself pretty well in his own post but whatever.

Let him argue with himself. I think he likes to see his posts, makes his ego bigger.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Guys, stop arguing with him. He's positive his view is the right view, regardless of anything else. Besides, when he says something like this:

When he can't even accept the fact that the Zeta platform isn't a sedan platform specifically but a general RWD car platform, he's a lost cause.

I think he described himself pretty well in his own post but whatever.

Let him argue with himself. I think he likes to see his posts, makes his ego bigger.
Agreed.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This one is done. You kids need to go in the corner and have a time out . . . . jeez . .

Quick Reply: 2010 camaro review