Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First thing I'm gonna do when I get my 2010 SS.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silplu83
Is that all that you don't like? It has to be the smallest detail I have heard anyone complain about so far on the car.
Small detail? Thats huge. Its almost laughable, we make fun of ricers bc of all the useless **** they stick on their cars and we have a brand new $30,000, top of the class "proformance" car with fake louvers? Im mean come'on man. I understand the 1st gens had them but, Idk its just REALLY CHEAP looking.

Im sure 99% of car enthusiasts wouldnt consider that a "small detail". Small details are more like; how touchy the radio buttons are, the sound of the turn signals, sound of the horn, softness of steering wheel, texture of interior materials.....etc....
Old 09-07-2009, 01:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1998Z28LOADED
The first thing I would do is take a chainsaw and cut off those horrible looking fake vents in front of the rear wheels.
Fake vents yes...but in GM windtunnel testing they found that those "fake vents" yielded the same effect on the car as did winglettes on planes. Fuel efficiency improved an average 1.36 mpg and the vehicle top speed increased 3.67 mph. Apparently they created micro vortexes that aided the flow of air over the "hips" of the car which reduced drag by a coefficient of .037.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

Small detail? Thats huge. Its almost laughable, we make fun of ricers bc of all the useless **** they stick on their cars and we have a brand new $30,000, top of the class "proformance" car with fake louvers? Im mean come'on man. I understand the 1st gens had them but, Idk its just REALLY CHEAP looking.

Im sure 99% of car enthusiasts wouldnt consider that a "small detail". Small details are more like; how touchy the radio buttons are, the sound of the turn signals, sound of the horn, softness of steering wheel, texture of interior materials.....etc....
Well they are only a few inches long and on some colors you can't even see them. That along with the fact you are the first person I am reading of having such a deathly fear of them being on the car, makes it a small detail.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

Well they are only a few inches long and on some colors you can't even see them. That along with the fact you are the first person I am reading of having such a deathly fear of them being on the car, makes it a small detail.

You dont read much then!

Old 09-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Banned

wasn't this thread about fluid changes in the tranny, rear-end and engine for wear protection, less friction, better mpg and more HP???
Old 09-07-2009, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
change read end, transmission, and engine oils to royal purple

check these out

http://www.royalpurple.com/rp-videos.html

in a ls1 camaro test Horsepower TV picked up 9 RWHP just by changing fluids

Trucks TV did a temperature test on a truck and by changing to royal purple they got a 10 degree drop in transmission and 10 degree drop in the rear end as well

here is a cool anti-wear vid where they compare mobil 1 fully synthetic 5w30 to royal purple 5w30 fully sythentic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC2sn...rom=PL&index=3

i always used mobil 1 fully sythentic 5w30 in every vehicle ive owned and recently in the suv i bought my wife a new mazda cx-7 i changed the oil from mobil 1 5w30 fully sythentic to royal purple 5w30 fully sythentic and i noticed the vehicle starts quicker then it did in the past..... this is a newer car it just turned 18,000 miles on it and has never had slow starting just like a normal newer car would start but now its starts almost instantly as soon as i turn the key the engine is on, i dont have to wait the 1 second it usually takes

im thinking since it reduces friction so much that its easier to start and takes less power to turn the engine resulting in better mpg and more power

anyone else have royal purple stories???
NON SPONSOR!

Old 09-07-2009, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

You dont read much then!

Haha if only you knew what you were talking about.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Old 09-08-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any difference between Amsoil and RP in terms of performance
Old 09-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dark SS
Any difference between Amsoil and RP in terms of performance
Didn't find a comparrison, but Amsoil did fare the best in their (amsoil) test,,,but you know how test #'s can be read and both are synthetic's + RP didn't provide the same test cross's, so you're are own you're own in this department. But IMOP,,,running a sythetic,,,no matter which brand,,Red Line, Mobile1, Royal Purple or Amsoil,,,the results on engine wear are going to be close to the same,,,,negligent,,,less friction = less wear!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z28ss4me
Fake vents yes...but in GM windtunnel testing they found that those "fake vents" yielded the same effect on the car as did winglettes on planes. Fuel efficiency improved an average 1.36 mpg and the vehicle top speed increased 3.67 mph. Apparently they created micro vortexes that aided the flow of air over the "hips" of the car which reduced drag by a coefficient of .037.

served!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

You dont read much then!

Haha if only you knew what you were talking about.

Last edited by silplu83; 09-14-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Quick Reply: First thing I'm gonna do when I get my 2010 SS.....