Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor trend ranks new camaro 10th place out of 10

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that the article is pretty silly, and MT has lost almost all credibility in recent years, but there is a little validity in the article. It wasn't about all-out performance... its about "driving feel". Yeah, everyone is different, and power is important.... but do you guys even know who Randy Pobst is?!?! I've only heard good things about the CTS-V and Cayman. A lot of reviews say the Cayman "feels" better than the 911, even.

Another thing... the 370Z is one ugly car, but I've driven a 350Z feels great when you drive it. That's one thing that made me kinda wonder about it, I've heard the 370Z is even better, and the NISMO 370Z even more so. And I'm willing to bet most of you have never driven a Miata close to the limit. Faggy as Miatas may seem, there's a reason why they're so popular in motorsports and dominant in autocross. I would probably never own one unless I raced it on a road course, but its fun to throw them around.

Some of you guys need to realize, torque isn't everything. I will admit it counts for a whole lot though.... why else I would I choose an LS1 F-Body over anything else in the same price range? Get over the pride and obsession with power, before you say "Who gives a damn who Randy Pobst is" or "Miatas are fagmobiles" or "Are you serious, the new Camaro can run 12s stock". Try driving cars like Miatas, S2000s, NSXs, Porsches, etc. and focus on the handling. You'll be surprised.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Teching In

It seems stupid to me for someone to say they didn't really directly compare some of the cars... but then put them in order from 1 to 10.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

there's always someone out there who wants to bash everything...
Old 09-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Yea and the Zr1 placed behind the GT500? Out of their ******* mind....

Quick Reply: Motor trend ranks new camaro 10th place out of 10