Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 A6 SS Kooks/Corsa/Tune Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grocerygetter
And understand something...I don't have a beef with your shop or anyone else's shop...it seems the exhaust manufacturers are advertising gains off headers and gains off cat-back systems that are crank HP numbers. Know what I'm saying? I actually appreciate your shop and Jannetty, LMR, EPP...all of the others that are posting tuned gains and untuned gains. It lets us, the consumer, know where the BS stops.
No hard feelings here, I was just replying to the fact that although the stock rwhp numbers may seem low, they are infact very close to what we see through that transmission. Having a Mustang Dyno for about 7 years now, I've never been one to compete with rwhp numbers.

As far as manufacturer claims of horsepower, you have to be carefull as to what they're claiming. You can have a gain of peak to peak, or the largest net gain which may occure at a different rpm than peak. For instance, I have tuned cars where I have picked up 30rwtq at 3000rpm, but at the peak to peak comparasion only had a 12rwtq gain. I try to be accurate in claiming gains and comparing apples to apples.

Originally Posted by grocerygetter
true...the gain is what I was looking for really. I just know a few of my buddies that tune for a living were discussing some odd stuff from the GM High Tech article with the 2010 Camaro.
here's my question...my tune netted about 20hp...so with the full exhaust and a tune your netting another 15 horse? Just a lot of cash for 15horse. Now...I would also like to revisit this once you get an intake on the car...may be that the car needs to injest some more air...like others said here.
If you tune 100 different cars, you will get 100 different gains. I routinely tell customers to expect anywhere from 10-20rwhp from a tune, but regardless it'll feel like more. It's nearly impossibible to tell what every individual component of a package netted you without testing them one by one. Who knows if our little package gained 8rwhp from the tune and 30rwhp from the exhaust or 8rwhp from the exhaust and 30rwhp from the tune.

I really think that a CAI will help, the Vararam on the G8GT's have had great results on our dyno even without a tune. I have seen 30+rwtq gains (peak to peak) with just the CAI change. I don't push products without personal experience with the products. That's why I sell the brands that I do.

Quick Reply: 2010 A6 SS Kooks/Corsa/Tune Results