Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro5 I got banned for this trying to help

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009 | 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jleews6
I think what your missing is that everybody likes something different. I agree with you in that I wouldnt buy a V6 car because I like v8s but some people like the V6. Thats like someone saying to you, Why are you spending money on your car? You should just leave it alone because its already fast.
Everybody has there thing.
The thing is I'd respect the other person's opinion and either except it or not give a damn. I like different things too that are different from the usual's taste, but I keep doing me.
Originally Posted by whytryz28
V6 with exhaust sounds like ***.
That's what I think. Complete waste of cash. I did it before, but I wouldn't do it again.
Originally Posted by johnlv6
While you were right on, they obviously weren't going to be receptive to your opinion. Most V-6 engines sound like **** with an exhaust...period (my opinion of course). I think 99.9% of 350z's and G35's sound ricey.

The only six cylinder cars that sound good (in my opinion) and inline six motors. ex. Supra, VW VR6, BMW I-6, etc.
yea, my wife and I also own an '04 g35 and I do like the sound, but it's stock lol. I don't plan on putting an exhaust on it to make it sound like a supra either. If anything I'd try to up the power by long tubing it or something but the cat back would def stay stock. I like her car, but I don't get why these guys are like I want a 2010 and I want it to sound like a nissan or infiniti.

I think they're in denial for real. No big deal, that site is entertainment for when I am bored anyway. I just happened to hit new posts and that one popped up and looked a little interesting.
Old 10-31-2009 | 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with them, the original poster made the statement that he knew it would never sound like a V8 and that he just wanted it to sound good. Therefore your comment came across as a real jackass thing to say. The temporary ban I also agree with, since if flaming (which is what your post looked to be doing) is tolerated, then that is ALL you will have on your website. Good for them for trying to instill a bit of order on their forum.
Old 10-31-2009 | 08:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
hey guys. I want my SS to sound like a g35. lol

why would you buy one car to make it like another? I don't get it. Making it different I understand but trying to make it sound like a g35 and spending enough to own a v8 in the process of modding... I don't get it.

That's like saying I want a slow version of a muscle car, I want it to sound like an Infiniti, and no I do not want the top dog version of the car... THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.

somebody is in denial
You sound like a dick/idiot. He doesn't want a v8. He said that. He is happy with his v6 and would like a nice v6 sound, such as those cars. Not everyone wants or needs a v8 car. The only 5th gen Im interested in is a v6 for a DD since the extra 3 or 4 mpg would be worth it. And guess what, I may put an exhaust on it too. He wanted on opinion on which exhaust for his car, not should he put any money into a v6. You got banned for being a dick.
Old 10-31-2009 | 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

just another case of little man syndrome. V6 guy wanting to go fast or sound fast. I've been there.

BTW I want my V8 to sound like a V6. I love the way those G37'S sound. What should I do??
Old 10-31-2009 | 09:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SilverSS
just another case of little man syndrome. V6 guy wanting to go fast or sound fast. I've been there.

BTW I want my V8 to sound like a V6. I love the way those G37'S sound. What should I do??
Thats the most rediculous statement I've ever heard. Besides the fact that there are 6 cylinders that would beat even a procharged ls1, people who buy v6 CHOOSE to buy them. I could easily afford a v8 5th gen but if I get one it would be a v6. This guy wants to put a catback on his v6. Big deal. And you know with your little guy syndrome, some guys like the challenge of making a smaller motor fast. Takes more effort. Anyone can put a bolt on ls1 in the 12s but it takes more and surpirses more people to put a 3.8 Fbod into the 12s. You guys with your theroies about this guy are retarded. He wants to make his car sound better. No problem with that.
Old 10-31-2009 | 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

lol! 350z sound like ****! why would anyone want their car to sound like one lol lmao
Old 10-31-2009 | 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

On camaro5 I tried to help a guy who wanted to mod his v6. I told him that I had a v6 before and as of now I would've done things differently. Anyway I got banned... I think it is very funny. I didn't know the v6 guys had such thin skin.
Small loss... all the away around.
Old 10-31-2009 | 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Seems a little harsh to get banned w/o a warning.
Old 10-31-2009 | 11:34 PM
10 Second Club

Thin skin imo. Banning was not needed.
Old 11-01-2009 | 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SilverSS

maybe they have a 350z catback for you somewhere on the classifieds
Originally Posted by wabmorgan
Small loss... all the away around.
not really, I could lose all of my 5th gen parts benefits for my imaginary v6 camaro with g35 exhaust lol

yea, it means nothing to me. I really was trying to help too, but you know... whatever.

If the guy didn't want his 6 to sound like an 8, what was the point of mentioning it in the first place?
Originally Posted by supernova1972
Thats the most rediculous statement I've ever heard. Besides the fact that there are 6 cylinders that would beat even a procharged ls1, people who buy v6 CHOOSE to buy them. I could easily afford a v8 5th gen but if I get one it would be a v6. This guy wants to put a catback on his v6. Big deal. And you know with your little guy syndrome, some guys like the challenge of making a smaller motor fast. Takes more effort. Anyone can put a bolt on ls1 in the 12s but it takes more and surpirses more people to put a 3.8 Fbod into the 12s. You guys with your theroies about this guy are retarded. He wants to make his car sound better. No problem with that.
who give a **** about effort?
Old 11-01-2009 | 07:32 AM
Launching!

who give a **** about effort?

Who gives a **** and is bitch enough to start another thread on another forum that a guy with a v6 didn't like his opinion that he should get a v8? You wen't trying to help, you were putting down the car he has and saying he needed to get another if he wanted a nice sound.

And They do. It's their car. My buddies dad is a drag racer and only runs 283 small blocks and is the 10s, because it's more of a challenge to be fast with less cubes.

I'll say it again. I have two v8 toys, If I go buy a 5th gen it'll be a v6 too. My dick is big enough I don't have to have a v8 DD to feel good about myself.

Last edited by supernova1972; 11-01-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-01-2009 | 09:39 AM
Teching In

People get a V6 for a lot of reasons, I mean it has 300hp and you get 29mpg from it, I seea lot of people jumping on it.

If it wasnt for the weight we would see the V6 5th gen competing with the v8 4th gens already.

No need to bash them for their choices.
Old 11-01-2009 | 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

hey guys. I want my SS to sound like a g35. lol

why would you buy one car to make it like another? I don't get it. Making it different I understand but trying to make it sound like a g35 and spending enough to own a v8 in the process of modding... I don't get it.

That's like saying I want a slow version of a muscle car, I want it to sound like an Infiniti, and no I do not want the top dog version of the car... THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.

somebody is in denial
so when someone likes a certain car but wants it to sound a lil different is wrong i guess. come on now. why buy a camaro and then mod it to just be as fast as a vette? should have boughten a vette. that argument is dumb. and he just wants exhaust note to sound.
Old 11-01-2009 | 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by alex33x
People get a V6 for a lot of reasons, I mean it has 300hp and you get 29mpg from it, I seea lot of people jumping on it.

If it wasnt for the weight we would see the V6 5th gen competing with the v8 4th gens already.

No need to bash them for their choices.
lol, my v8 gets overs 30mpg, what's your point?

and yea, throw a v6 in a light car and of course it will beat a v8. again, what's your point?
Old 11-01-2009 | 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

If the guy didn't want his 6 to sound like an 8, what was the point of mentioning it in the first place?
Dude maybe you missed this part in his first post:

now i know it will never sound like a v8, but i try and think about other powerful v6s, and like the 350 z comes to mind, those sound great! can i put their muffler on mine?? what do you guys think about that. i mean i think they sound familar to a porshe! i want it to sound powerful, but as a v6, just like the 350z or other compariable car...
That's all he said about a v8, saying of course it won't ever sound like one. Then you go on acting like that's what he wants it to sound like. YOU are the one going on about a V8. But that is not what he was looking for
Old 11-01-2009 | 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

My dad got a V6 2010 Camaro for a rental car the other day....... said it felt gutless because it felt like he was driving a heavy tank haha.
Old 11-01-2009 | 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

people should get it through their thick skulls that the v6's sound like ****, so stop while you can.
Old 11-01-2009 | 06:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hlaalu
lol, my v8 gets overs 30mpg, what's your point?

and yea, throw a v6 in a light car and of course it will beat a v8. again, what's your point?
So you can go get a brand new v8 30mpg Camaro? No you cant, you can buy a 6 plus year old Camaro with a much harsher ride and worse platform than this v6. What's your point? Why would you buy a Camaro when a Corvette sounds better and can get better mileage? And esides that, I bet you get 30mpg cruising the speed limit on the freeway. Not a solid 30+mpg. Go in town and see what gets better mileage, your car or a v6.

I dont know why all you v8 nutswingers can't get it thru your heads that not everyone wants a v8 and they can put a good sounding exhaust on them. Thats right, a good sounding exhaust.

Last edited by supernova1972; 11-01-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2009 | 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

A V6 Camaro no matter how well it performs isn't a real camaro, imo. It's just some random 2door car. The OP either did not read the original thread or did not care, however, Camaro5 seems to be full of ricer asshats. A ban, even a temporary one, for that one post (assuming that was all you did) is rediculous.
Old 11-01-2009 | 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by supernova1972
So you can go get a brand new v8 30mpg Camaro? No you cant, you can buy a 6 plus year old Camaro with a much harsher ride and worse platform than this v6. What's your point? Why would you buy a Camaro when a Corvette sounds better and can get better mileage? And esides that, I bet you get 30mpg cruising the speed limit on the freeway. Not a solid 30+mpg. Go in town and see what gets better mileage, your car or a v6.

I dont know why all you v8 nutswingers can't get it thru your heads that not everyone wants a v8 and they can put a good sounding exhaust on them. Thats right, a good sounding exhaust.
ok sorry, the 5th gen gets what, 26mpg? lol i really doubt gas mileage is an issue when people buy this car. having a v6 in a MUSCLE car is like having a hooker with no ****, it's just not fun.

gosh you v6 nutswingers

Quick Reply: Camaro5 I got banned for this trying to help