Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro5 I got banned for this trying to help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009 | 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I couldnt see your posts because they deleted them but enough people quoted to get a gist of what you said.

Basically, it was thin skin but youve got to read what the guy posted too. Wanting a better sounding car doesnt have to be reserved for V8s. I had a Grand Am, it was V6 and it sounded pretty damn good with a Magnaflow on it. Sound like a V8?? No, but it sounded good. Thats all the guy wanted.
Old 11-01-2009 | 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by supernova1972
So you can go get a brand new v8 30mpg Camaro? No you cant, you can buy a 6 plus year old Camaro with a much harsher ride and worse platform than this v6. What's your point?
And if you want to talk strictly numbers why would you buy a big muscle car if you are concerned about gas mileage in the first place?
Why would you buy a Camaro when a Corvette sounds better and can get better mileage?
Because apples to apples a Corvette is much more expensive than a Camaro SS, unlike the small difference in price from a V6 to a base SS.
And esides that, I bet you get 30mpg cruising the speed limit on the freeway. Not a solid 30+mpg. Go in town and see what gets better mileage, your car or a v6.
I hope you are not implying that the 3800lbs 2010 Camaro will get even close to 30mpg city driving...
The gas mileage will be around the same between a 4th gen LS1 and a '10 V6 Camaro.
Old 11-01-2009 | 07:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hlaalu
ok sorry, the 5th gen gets what, 26mpg? lol i really doubt gas mileage is an issue when people buy this car. having a v6 in a MUSCLE car is like having a hooker with no ****, it's just not fun.

gosh you v6 nutswingers
Originally Posted by JD_AMG
And if you want to talk strictly numbers why would you buy a big muscle car if you are concerned about gas mileage in the first place?

Because apples to apples a Corvette is much more expensive than a Camaro SS, unlike the small difference in price from a V6 to a base SS.

I hope you are not implying that the 3800lbs 2010 Camaro will get even close to 30mpg city driving...
The gas mileage will be around the same between a 4th gen LS1 and a '10 V6 Camaro.

To reply to both of you. Why is the v6 the best seller of any Camaro or Firebird? Because people like the looks and don't need or want a v8. Not everyone is about performace. There is around a $7k differance between a ls and a 1ss. To a young guy buying a car thats alot. Maybe you havn't seen any of my other posts. I have two v8 toys. I am interested in a V6 Camaro because it looks good and 3 to 4 mpg highway would be worth it to me, as with many, many other people.

I currently do outside sales for an HVAC wholesaler. I am looking for a new car, decently fun to drive, decent gas mileage, and great looks. A v6 5th gen is exactly that.

I didnt say a 5th gen would get 30 city. I said between the v8 and v6 5th gen alot of people would rather have the 3 or 4 mpg. He said his ls1 gets 30 plus mpg. I stated that is bs. Sure it can freeway driving, but city and highway will not be close to 30mpg. Plus it doesnt have a warranty which 90% of new car buyers look at and is a harsher ride and worse base platform. Bringing a 6 year old v8 into a debate about v6 vs. v8 5th gen was retarded. You can only quote a v8 5th gens mileage to compare, because most people who are buying a 5th gen dont want a 4th gen.
Old 11-01-2009 | 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

To reply to both of you. Why is the v6 the best seller of any Camaro or Firebird? Because people like the looks and don't need or want a v8.
I got 30.1mpg on the highway last time I checked.

And WRONG... People who get a Camaro want the image of power and they do want the power.

The v6 flatout is the best seller because of price and insurance.

Swap prices for a second. Make the V8 cheaper than the v6 and make insurance for the 8 cheaper than the six and make the normal v8 prices and insurance go for the 6. I freakin guarantee that the number is 6s bought will drop by 90% or more.

as for the v6 getting better miles per gallon... I had a 2000 v6 ttop camaro and I thought with the 6 I was supposed to get better mileage. NO! I actually get better mileage in my heavy 2002 vert m6 full bolton SS. Mods are supposed to decrease mpgs too, so v6 better mileage than the v8 in the same car does not hold water. I never counted 30+mpgs in my 6.

you only THINK you're getting better mpg in that 6

And I don't care who you are, if you buy a Camaro or Bird you'll looking for a fast car(especially the less you know about cars)

When I bought my 6 back in the day I didn't even know they put 6s in Camaros. I got disappointed too! I was trying to get a fast car though.

Last edited by 7camaro7; 11-01-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-01-2009 | 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've pushed 31 out of my V6 with the automatic, straight highway.

If I could have afforded the LS1 I would have gotten it... now how much I've put into this fixing it over the past 2 years I could have had an LS1 but had no idea it was going to need so much work when I bought it (though the warning signs were there, just didn't see/pay attention to them).
Old 11-01-2009 | 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

and when I got 30, my car was loaded with stuff...
Old 11-01-2009 | 11:59 PM
Restricted User

You got banned for being an idiot. Not for them having thin skin. You were told by moderators more than once to leave it alone yet you kept nagging about it. You really showed your stupidity by saying v8's are generally more bad *** than v6's.
Old 11-02-2009 | 12:05 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
And WRONG... People who get a Camaro want the image of power and they do want the power.
Wow... you really are special aren't you?
Old 11-02-2009 | 12:08 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by hlaalu
lol, my v8 gets overs 30mpg, what's your point?

and yea, throw a v6 in a light car and of course it will beat a v8. again, what's your point?
His point is to have a different goal in mind and being different. People would be more impressed with a prius running 12's than a 4th gen f-body. Of course someone like you would say, big deal they are just as fast.. but what you fail to grasp is the principal of the matter and the means for each vehicle to get to that point. Than again, people like you will just stay close-minded and believe that what you do is the only way to do things.
Old 11-02-2009 | 12:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I see thin skin, yeah you could have not gone in and posted but it is true.

Why buy the 6 cyl and do anything to it. The point of the V6 is for those who can't afford the V8 or want the "better" gas mileage whatever.

I too used to own a grand am but there is no way the sound of that car could ever match how my Z28 sounds now. I am no V8 nut swinger but a lot of those guys seem to be bitter people who could only afford a V6 and now want to make it powerful or sound better. I would buy one purely for daily driving and not even touch it, but IMO the 2010 camaro looks like a trail blazer. I love camaros my goal is to have one from each generation but I would never buy a v6 I want the power that comes with the image, not just an image, if thats the case go buy a honda and throw a body kit on it and call it a day.
Old 11-02-2009 | 12:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FMS_FTW
His point is to have a different goal in mind and being different. People would be more impressed with a prius running 12's than a 4th gen f-body. Of course someone like you would say, big deal they are just as fast.. but what you fail to grasp is the principal of the matter and the means for each vehicle to get to that point. Than again, people like you will just stay close-minded and believe that what you do is the only way to do things.
gosh you really hit the nail on the head there

bottom line IN MY OPINION, i had a 96 v6 camaro and it felt like it was missing something. i spent a lot of money on exhaust for the car and guess what? it was still missing something - 2 extra cylinders. so i speak from my own personal experience. don't like it? i really don't give a ****. this is my opinion so fight back the tears.

and for the record, i don't care if a prius can do a 10 second 1/4 mile, i guarantee you i'll still pull more ***** in my camaro than that ugly tree-hugging piece o' crap.
Old 11-02-2009 | 05:23 AM
Launching!

I got 30.1mpg on the highway last time I checked.

The v6 flatout is the best seller because of price and insurance.

Swap prices for a second. Make the V8 cheaper than the v6 and make insurance for the 8 cheaper than the six and make the normal v8 prices and insurance go for the 6. I freakin guarantee that the number is 6s bought will drop by 90% or more.

as for the v6 getting better miles per gallon... I had a 2000 v6 ttop camaro and I thought with the 6 I was supposed to get better mileage. NO! I actually get better mileage in my heavy 2002 vert m6 full bolton SS. Mods are supposed to decrease mpgs too, so v6 better mileage than the v8 in the same car does not hold water. I never counted 30+mpgs in my 6.

you only THINK you're getting better mpg in that 6

And I don't care who you are, if you buy a Camaro or Bird you'll looking for a fast car(especially the less you know about cars)

When I bought my 6 back in the day I didn't even know they put 6s in Camaros. I got disappointed too! I was trying to get a fast car though.

You are really an idiot. Besides the fact that the v6 5th gen gets better mileage than the v8 5th gen and the underpowered v6 4th gen, you still don't seem to want to answer my post that me, a car enthusiest with 2 v8s currently, wants a v6 5th gen for the looks and mileage. As do several several other people. An mods dont make a car get worse gas mileage if it helps the motor breathe more freely, I figured an economic and techniqual genious like you know that. Of course the v8 would sell more if it was cheaper. What are you a retard? Thats the dumbest statement I've heard. You can only prove you are even more retarded by saying that %90 of the buying public wants power but can only afford the v6. Most people dont give a crap how fast there car is. Thats why the v6 is always the best seller. Great looks and a good price.

And besides all this...I dont give a crap about 4th gens. This is about 5th gens. V6 5th gens get better mileage than V8 5th gens. You got banned for being a small dicked, simple minded, "if you don't drive a v8 you arnt a man" idiot.
Old 11-02-2009 | 02:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I see thin skin, yeah you could have not gone in and posted but it is true.

Why buy the 6 cyl and do anything to it. The point of the V6 is for those who can't afford the V8 or want the "better" gas mileage whatever.

I too used to own a grand am but there is no way the sound of that car could ever match how my Z28 sounds now. I am no V8 nut swinger but a lot of those guys seem to be bitter people who could only afford a V6 and now want to make it powerful or sound better. I would buy one purely for daily driving and not even touch it, but IMO the 2010 camaro looks like a trail blazer. I love camaros my goal is to have one from each generation but I would never buy a v6 I want the power that comes with the image, not just an image, if thats the case go buy a honda and throw a body kit on it and call it a day.

yup i helped one of my friends mod his v6 and he put a lot of money into it. we could of got a used v8 for the same price or cheaper and it would of been a lot faster.

he was hard stuck on putting a v6 back into that car.

the thing is so slow i can't hardly even tell the difference between that and stock.

If you get a 6er leave it stock. Waste of money....
Old 11-02-2009 | 02:34 PM
Restricted User

It's pretty impressive that some of you guys seem to stray away from what the OP of the V6 thread wanted. He wanted his V6 to sound like other strong V6's. Everyone here keeps trying to talk about how pointless it is to make a V6 fast. Making the V6 fast was never mentioned by the OP in that thread, only the idiot that got banned from there.
Old 11-02-2009 | 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

It's pretty impressive that some of you guys seem to stray away from what the OP of the V6 thread wanted. He wanted his V6 to sound like other strong V6's. Everyone here keeps trying to talk about how pointless it is to make a V6 fast. Making the V6 fast was never mentioned by the OP in that thread, only the idiot that got banned from there.

good post

Leave v6 guys alone ...they don't care about speed .... and I don't get why people hate others just for having a different car !!!!
Old 11-02-2009 | 02:46 PM
TECH Resident

you still don't seem to want to answer my post that me, a car enthusiest with 2 v8s currently, wants a v6 5th gen for the looks and mileage. As do several several other people.
You're starting to sound like a ricer

you need to reread the post you were just commenting on too. I never said anything about 90% of the buying public. I said v6 sales would drop by 90%.
Old 11-02-2009 | 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

isn't the v6 in the 2010 Camaro one of the strongest v6s you can currently get? and you're trying to make it sound like other strong v6s... I don't get it.
Old 11-02-2009 | 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

isn't the v6 in the 2010 Camaro one of the strongest v6s you can currently get? and you're trying to make it sound like other strong v6s... I don't get it.

it's his car , his money and his own opinion !!!
Old 11-02-2009 | 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by the_beast
it's his car , his money and his own opinion !!!
I never said I have a problem with it, I just have a different opinion. Are you ok?
Old 11-02-2009 | 03:04 PM
TECH Regular

I never said I have a problem with it, I just have a different opinion. Are you ok?

and you have to respect other opinions as well, everyone knows a v8 is better than a v6..but what the hell, let them have what they want !!

Being sarcastic will not help to give your opinion, why would you bother yourself in such discussion. just leave them alone and go to rip the hell out of your v8.

Quick Reply: Camaro5 I got banned for this trying to help