Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im thinking about getting a new Camaro SS, can anyone tell me any problems with them?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by asdrs70
i test drove one today it was an auto they didnt have a 6 speed in which is what i would have to get. but i really wasnt all that impressed by it. idk mabey it was just cuase i was alittle scaried of getting on it like i do in my gto. how much did everyone pay for there 2SS? and 1 SS? also what do you do for a liveing if you were able to buy a new one and put full bolt ons in. thats sounds like the job i want
Im an x-ray tech, radiographer, radiologic technologist whatever you want to call it. I run fluoroscopy, portable x-ray, general x-ray, CT, surgery C-arm.

I like it...good job and a good field.

I paid 32700 OTD
Old 05-12-2010, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a good job damn.. they are wanting i think 36 k or around that for a 2 SS
Old 05-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Teching In

I love it.

Out of the 6 Camaros, this one takes the cake.

Pushes like a bitch on corners at the track, but it ain't nothing a good rear sway bar won't help.

I ordered my 2SS/RS and it came in just under $33k. I got some discounts (GMS/CU/Cash) and bartered down, but you can still get deals out there.

Much different then you'd think it would be....in a good way.

Best of luck in your endeavors,
Ivan
Old 05-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

everybody wants to race you
but thats good
Old 05-16-2010, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

11k miles on it so far and no problems....I drive it hard and everywhere and daily (it's my only car), I go to the track every month and have been to the mile events in Miami for top speed. I can't comment too much on performance because I added twin turbos the day I purchased the car.....but for the mods I did, I am very pleased with the results, I am now looking to get into the 10's in the 1/4 mile with minor adjustments....
Old 05-16-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by asdrs70
i test drove one today it was an auto they didnt have a 6 speed in which is what i would have to get. but i really wasnt all that impressed by it. idk mabey it was just cuase i was alittle scaried of getting on it like i do in my gto. how much did everyone pay for there 2SS? and 1 SS? also what do you do for a liveing if you were able to buy a new one and put full bolt ons in. thats sounds like the job i want
they're both 6 speeds, i paid $33,450 for my 1ss. also note that dealers have have a habit of putting 87 octane in them.

Quick Reply: Im thinking about getting a new Camaro SS, can anyone tell me any problems with them?