Old 10-05-2012, 01:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a 5th gen but the gto , ls2 bolt on record is 11.52 at 116mph. 1.52 60'
360rwhp and some weight reduction
Old 01-24-2013, 07:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

I leave for a few years and this thread is still going on lol.

I miss my 4th gen cars I really do, but my racing days are over. Yes srs. I got tried of breaking stuff and repairs and always having to upgrade to keep up with everyone.

I was almost gonna buy another 4th gen. I wanted another sports car that I could keep in my garage but also still have fun with but ride better. I'm 6"4 and the 5th gen fits me perfect. I love this car and the way it rides.

Now if I was gonna be just building a pure race car again I would have bought a 4th gen.

I chose modern comfort. I love all camaros though, even miss my 88 Iroc.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Teching In

Love my ta had 4 79s one 77 one 99 and now 98 need to quit selling the dam things when there done
Old 05-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Gen 5 is just such an aggressive looking car, it dwarfs older models post 1970's.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work on 5th gens everyday. You couldn't give me one.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RedFirehawk
I work on 5th gens everyday. You couldn't give me one.
Whats the major problem you mostly see?
Old 05-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kev SS
I miss my 4th gen cars I really do, but my racing days are over.

I was almost gonna buy another 4th gen. I wanted another sports car that I could keep in my garage but also still have fun with but ride better. I'm 6"4 and the 5th gen fits me perfect. I love this car and the way it rides.

Now if I was gonna be just building a pure race car again I would have bought a 4th gen.

I chose modern comfort. I love all camaros though, even miss my 88 Iroc.
I'm with you.

If I was going to build a drag racing car I'd have bought a 4th gen.

If I was going to build a road course car I'd buy a C6 Vette.

I chose modern comfort with a back seat and then added a blower. It's plenty fast, comfortable, rides nice.... no complaints. It's a street car.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by "MAC"
That's what I'd like to know. Why RedFirehawk has that sentiment.

This topic is to each their own with opinions and love for the style of certain gens of the Camaro. I love the styling and performance of the 4th gens but after going to Gen 5 I don't know I could ever go back to a 4th gen car even though I really like them.

The 2005-2014 Mustang feels the most like a 4th gen with it's ride height and cabin, and overall driving feel and I know people here love them for those reasons.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:45 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,140 Likes on 740 Posts

SI bolt-on record is 11.44 right now, super great air, seats out, skinnies... Well done Terry.

My daily driver ain't the quickest car on the road but 12.0@113 is pretty good for bolt-ons, no seats out, and on 18's just like it sits in this pic?

Old 06-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
SI bolt-on record is 11.44 right now, super great air, seats out, skinnies... Well done Terry.

My daily driver ain't the quickest car on the road but 12.0@113 is pretty good for bolt-ons, no seats out, and on 18's just like it sits in this pic?

Yeah I remember reading the build article a couple of months ago from GM HTP I believe. Very cool, and great looking car.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Look at one, Sit in one, Weigh one, Work on one and Drive one. That should answer your question. Not Gonna get into a pissing match about the 5th gens. But Like I said, I wouldn't have one. I hate Mustangs and would Rather have a New 5.0 then a new Camaro. JMHO.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Default Had them all

I have had them all (every gen) ,and all have be modified starting with my 1969 Z28 with factory duel quads and headers and off road exhaust ( lost my license 2 times with it at 17 ) I now have a 2014 1SS,RS,1LE with headers, HF cats, ported TB, CAI with race scoop .and in July it will get a dyno tune by Nick D . This 5th gen 1LE is by far the best all around with out a doubt.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RedFirehawk
Look at one, Sit in one, Weigh one, Work on one and Drive one. That should answer your question. Not Gonna get into a pissing match about the 5th gens. But Like I said, I wouldn't have one. I hate Mustangs and would Rather have a New 5.0 then a new Camaro. JMHO.
You throw out a cryptic post about working on 5th gens all day and never wanting one. A few ask why and your response has no real facts given.....just your opinion. Different strokes for different folks, but don't be a hater.
About the only universal negative to the 5th gen is the weight and for all the other positives, most of us can get past that.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Never Satisfied
You throw out a cryptic post about working on 5th gens all day and never wanting one. A few ask why and your response has no real facts given.....just your opinion. Different strokes for different folks, but don't be a hater.
About the only universal negative to the 5th gen is the weight and for all the other positives, most of us can get past that.
Why he is a hater? Because he has a different opinion than you? That's a very convenient definition of "hater"...or is it one of those "makes me look cool" internet slangs? An opinion is that, its not factual, Einstein. You can have a myriad of opinions based on the same fact. Its based mainly in preferences.... Do you like the color blue? No. Why? You need a fact with that?

Be honest, you feel the need to prove why you got the car. Its yours and you like it. Do you feel the need of others to prove your decision?

I have been posting here less and less. The amount of shallow, empty and meaningless morons is too much. Good guys have mostly left. Young, immature racerboys have taken the site. Im planning to keep my tin can for ever and hope somewhere along the line there is a "reunion" with the really good guys.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chaman
Why he is a hater? Because he has a different opinion than you? That's a very convenient definition of "hater"...or is it one of those "makes me look cool" internet slangs? An opinion is that, its not factual, Einstein. You can have a myriad of opinions based on the same fact. Its based mainly in preferences.... Do you like the color blue? No. Why? You need a fact with that?

Be honest, you feel the need to prove why you got the car. Its yours and you like it. Do you feel the need of others to prove your decision?

I have been posting here less and less. The amount of shallow, empty and meaningless morons is too much. Good guys have mostly left. Young, immature racerboys have taken the site. Im planning to keep my tin can for ever and hope somewhere along the line there is a "reunion" with the really good guys.
I'm the immature one, yet your post is nothing more than insulting name calling??
I've noticed it and am glad to see you post less and less.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm the immature one, yet your post is nothing more than insulting name calling??
I've noticed it and am glad to see you post less and less.
But yet you have not a logical responding argument. Yes I called you a moron and a shallow minded fool and I base that in your wonderful and almost literary use of the term "haters". Its the preferred term use by internet wonderboys when they lack any rational or logical argument against an opinion they see as negative or against their own. If thats not a clear sign of an idiot then what could be.

Just keep your cool internet slangs and move on, because, dont forget, I must also be a "hater" according to your vast intellectual abilities. Just dont forget to "Google" the definition of what an opinion is...its all internet cool guys know to do anyways.

BTW, Im unsubscribing so you can rant all you want and whine about. Reality is, you will not have ever a logical post about this to waste my time reading about it.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Banned

Thank you i was actually wanting to know if there is a real problem besides the weight, limited visibility, and now the ignition switch. Other than that take some weight out, get the ignition switch fixed for free, and add some power and you have a great looking car that is fast.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chaman
But yet you have not a logical responding argument. Yes I called you a moron and a shallow minded fool and I base that in your wonderful and almost literary use of the term "haters". Its the preferred term use by internet wonderboys when they lack any rational or logical argument against an opinion they see as negative or against their own. If thats not a clear sign of an idiot then what could be.

Just keep your cool internet slangs and move on, because, dont forget, I must also be a "hater" according to your vast intellectual abilities. Just dont forget to "Google" the definition of what an opinion is...its all internet cool guys know to do anyways.

BTW, Im unsubscribing so you can rant all you want and whine about. Reality is, you will not have ever a logical post about this to waste my time reading about it.
Wow...you sure set me straight, didn't ya. LOL
Old 06-15-2014, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Thank you i was actually wanting to know if there is a real problem besides the weight, limited visibility, and now the ignition switch. Other than that take some weight out, get the ignition switch fixed for free, and add some power and you have a great looking car that is fast.
Unless the driver practically sits on top of the steering wheel or has really long legs, I don't think there's a whole lot to worry about with the ignition. I personally have no intention of going in for the recall. I actually like the all in one key and prefer it to a separate key & fob.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Glad you can get past the 5th gens universal " Only" negative of the weight. If that's the only negative everyone has about these hunk of *****, then no one would buy a Mustang or Keep their 4th gens. The 5th gen could have been the Best Camaro ever but GM screwed the Pooch and Ruined it. IMHO.

Quick Reply: 4th Gen vs. 5th Gen profile comparo. *pic*